Can This £600 PC Build Run Last Light 1080p High-Max settings 30+ FPS?

Solution
DO NOT get a CX/CS/RM PSU from corsair for a build like this. Those PSUs are barely average quality.

Stick with XFX, Seasonic, Antec FOR SURE. An XFX650w unit is VERY affordable and is many many times better than the CX line from Corsair. 450w is not enough.

Your choice in aftermarket CPU coolers is VERY good. That is the best cooler under $50 for sure. Keep it.

You are buying an OLD CPU and motherboard. Change to an i5 3690k and a z97 motherboard. This was you have the newest tech and aren't buying a dead socket.

iceglidergiant

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Yes. The 280x is a powerful card that can handle most games at medium framerates, and can handle Metro last light at slightly more than 50 frames on average on very high (max) graphics settings, assuming you're running the game on 1080p. If you run it any higher than that, ie, 1440p, that drops to 42.5. Your cpu will run Metro and most games fine, but mind that it is a bit outdated and in a future date you may wish to overclock it, which is a possibility since you have an aftermarket cooler (although not the best one, I personally prefer noctua). Biggest problem here is your psu; you're cutting it really close to the bare minimum of what you need. I recommend this power supply instead for 5 dollars more: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139048&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Other than the psu your build will handle MLL just fine. Hope this helped.

DO NOT get a CX/CS/RM PSU from corsair for a build like this. Those PSUs are barely average quality.

Stick with XFX, Seasonic, Antec FOR SURE. An XFX650w unit is VERY affordable and is many many times better than the CX line from Corsair. 450w is not enough.

Your choice in aftermarket CPU coolers is VERY good. That is the best cooler under $50 for sure. Keep it.

You are buying an OLD CPU and motherboard. Change to an i5 3690k and a z97 motherboard. This was you have the newest tech and aren't buying a dead socket.

Solution