Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Radeon R9 290X TRI-X OC 4 GB .VS. MSI NVIDIA GTX 780Ti Gaming 3G 3 GB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 27, 2014 5:59:07 AM

So I am building a Gaming + Video Editing Rig with a budget of Rs. 2,00,000 ($3,300).

CPU/PROCESSOR - Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 4770K i7 Processor

RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM

DVD DRIVE - Sony/LG DVD DRIVE

Power Supply Unit - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 1000 Watts PSU

CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Cooler

Overclocking? - YES YES YES

SLI? - YES YES YES


---
Prices.

Radeon R9 290X TRI-X OC 4 GB - 44,200 Inr. / At SLI - 88,400-

MSI NVIDIA GTX 780Ti Gaming 3G 3 GB - 55,300 / At SLI - 1,10,600

-

I am not sure which GPU to go for.

R9 290X TRI-X OC / 4 GB / 1040 MHz Core Clock / 5200 MHz Effective Memory Speed

780Ti Gaming 3G / 3 GB / 980 MHz / 7000 MHz Effective Memory Speed

So the question is, is the MSI 780 Ti SLI worth $370 more than R9 290X TRI-X OC SLI?

Help me out brothers :) .

Sam.

P.S. - There is also a Galaxy edition with a clock speed of 1020 Mhz Priced At Inr 60,000 (Almost $1,000)

More about : radeon 290x tri msi nvidia gtx 780ti gaming

a b 4 Gaming
June 27, 2014 6:40:45 AM

Sam Mann said:
So I am building a Gaming + Video Editing Rig with a budget of Rs. 2,00,000 ($3,300).

CPU/PROCESSOR - Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 4770K i7 Processor

RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM

DVD DRIVE - Sony/LG DVD DRIVE

Power Supply Unit - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W 1000 Watts PSU

CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Cooler

Overclocking? - YES YES YES

SLI? - YES YES YES


---
Prices.

Radeon R9 290X TRI-X OC 4 GB - 44,200 Inr. / At SLI - 88,400-

MSI NVIDIA GTX 780Ti Gaming 3G 3 GB - 55,300 / At SLI - 1,10,600

-

I am not sure which GPU to go for.

R9 290X TRI-X OC / 4 GB / 1040 MHz Core Clock / 5200 MHz Effective Memory Speed

780Ti Gaming 3G / 3 GB / 980 MHz / 7000 MHz Effective Memory Speed

So the question is, is the MSI 780 Ti SLI worth $370 more than R9 290X TRI-X OC SLI?

Help me out brothers :) .

Sam.

P.S. - There is also a Galaxy edition with a clock speed of 1020 Mhz Priced At Inr 60,000 (Almost $1,000)


The r9 is quieter i know that 780 have better performing and its ti some ppl even say that 770 is almost good as the 290 i don't belive cause it's hard to compare nvidia to ati so get the 780ti tf or zotac.Also ati is crossfire only nvidia its called sli
m
0
l
June 27, 2014 7:35:01 AM

Denis Stoikovski said:

The r9 is quieter i know that 780 have better performing and its ti some ppl even say that 770 is almost good as the 290 i don't belive cause it's hard to compare nvidia to ati so get the 780ti tf or zotac.Also ati is crossfire only nvidia its called sli


Can you explain why you think the 780 Ti is worth $300 more than the R9? Also, this isn't the 290. This is the 290X.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
June 27, 2014 7:51:28 AM

Sam Mann said:
Denis Stoikovski said:

The r9 is quieter i know that 780 have better performing and its ti some ppl even say that 770 is almost good as the 290 i don't belive cause it's hard to compare nvidia to ati so get the 780ti tf or zotac.Also ati is crossfire only nvidia its called sli


Can you explain why you think the 780 Ti is worth $300 more than the R9? Also, this isn't the 290. This is the 290X.


https://www.google.bg/search?q=290x+bf4+benchmarks&es_s... http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-290X-vs-GeForce-GTX-7... (cpu boss isn't very accurate though) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_pXTkRefg even thogh am mad cause none of those powerful cards can't stay at 60 fps all the time like wtf its a fucing next gen the gpu is designed for it the hell.. no matter you will be fine cause you will be sli/crossfire im more to nvidia thogh but if i were you i'd save those 300$ the fps will be like 5 difference
Share
June 27, 2014 6:53:21 PM

Would appreciate some expert input too before I order lol :) .
m
0
l
June 27, 2014 8:33:13 PM

OK So decided to go for the Galaxy 780 Ti - 57,000 almost $1,000 :) . Will let you guys know when I get it ;) 
m
0
l
!