Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Good build for 1080p

Tags:
  • Build
  • Intel i5
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
June 28, 2014 3:53:57 AM

GTX 760, any bottleneck with i5 2320?

And how is this (my current) build:
i5 2320
Intel DH61WWB3
msi GTX 760 TF 2 GB
WD Caviar Green 500 GB HDD 5400 RPM (is 5400 enough?)
8 gb ram @ 1333 MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 650w

Rate out of 10 for gaming? Will be using 1080p monitor (28")

Thanks in advance. Please no foul comments. If you give a low rating, please state the reasons.

More about : good build 1080p

June 28, 2014 4:04:14 AM

Sbik said:
GTX 760, any bottleneck with i5 2320?

And how is this (my current) build:
i5 2320
Intel DH61WWB3
msi GTX 760 TF 2 GB
WD Caviar Green 500 GB HDD 5400 RPM (is 5400 enough?)
8 gb ram @ 1333 MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 650w

Rate out of 10 for gaming? Will be using 1080p monitor (28")

Thanks in advance. Please no foul comments. If you give a low rating, please state the reasons.


i5-i7 4th gen with 770 oc or 780-780 ti, r9 290x
m
0
l
June 28, 2014 4:05:18 AM

5/10
Old processor
That HDD?
DDR3 1333 RAM?
also suggest getting a 280.

Consider getting an unlocked-multiplier processor
m
0
l
Related resources
June 28, 2014 4:10:27 AM

Alpha3031 said:
5/10
Old processor
That HDD?
DDR3 1333 RAM?
also suggest getting a 280.

Consider getting an unlocked-multiplier processor


DDR3 1333 RAM? Why you say that like its bad?
m
0
l
June 28, 2014 4:14:24 AM

"Below standard" is pretty bad for gamers and currently "standard" is 1600 CL9, also, he says it like he has a 1x8 module (which I didn't mention).
m
0
l
June 28, 2014 4:16:30 AM

Alpha3031 said:
"Below standard" is pretty bad for gamers and currently "standard" is 1600 CL9, also, he says it like he has a 1x8 module (which I didn't mention).


so he will need 1600mhz or 1866mhz for gaming?
m
0
l
June 28, 2014 4:17:33 AM

No it's 2*4 modules
m
0
l
June 28, 2014 4:18:44 AM

Also, I just got the GPU and PSU.
m
0
l
June 28, 2014 4:23:33 AM

Denis Stoikovski said:
so he will need 1600mhz or 1866mhz for gaming?

It depends on preference, but I'd get 1866 CL9 because it's only a few dollars more.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 28, 2014 4:31:44 AM


In an Intel build, your RAMs speed is not that big of a deal ... AMD needs the extra bandwidth of faster RAMs with tighter timings. Your CPU is fine.

That 5400rpm 'Green' drive will load really slow compared to modern drives, though. If you are looking to spend some cash, that would be the place.

Share
June 28, 2014 4:36:09 AM

Sbik said:
For Processor: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2177478/worth-up...

Of course, my HDD is bad. But didn't upgrade it now because still many games to play that are on the hdd, and i don't want to lose progress.


If you already have everything, there's nothing you can do that will be worthwhile.
m
0
l
!