Does an i3-4330 need an AfterMarket cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey there!
I'm currently saving to build a new gaming rig to replace my barely coping Pentium D 820 system. I have chosen some parts after much consideration on PC Part Picker over a period of a week. I have settled with an i3-4330, MSI Z87-G41 so i can upgrade to and i7-4770k and overclock later, 8GB of Corsair Vengence and a GTX 750 around my budget of £550. My question now is, will the stock Intel cooler be enough to cool my i3 when gaming at about ~80% cpu usage constantly? I can get a Hyper 212 Evo as part of my budget but is it really worth it?

Please can i have some feedback?
Thanks!

P.S: Here's the list for the build so far including the Hyper 212 Evo:http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/WesoLabeshnai/saved/pqDJ7P

Solution
Get the Cooler, Just in case you want to Ove rClock or something and to keep your Temp. Cool too, Not to cause Lag Spikes or something and the best one for Budget Builds is the Hyper 212 EVO, You said you want to Upgrade to an i7 so keep it with you, Good luck! :)

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

Well it depends on your temps mine is i5 3350p which is equal to yours and my temps are like 67c-71c in bf4 which is normal if you get more than 80c its bad and get one max working temp is 95c if i remember correctly also 80% usage on bf4? Well that's quite impossible cause even i5 4th gen gets 100% working usage on ultra

drkatz42

Honorable

Your case has good airflow and this isn't a chip that can be overclocked. I think you'll be fine with the stock cooler.

ZizoStar123

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
Get the Cooler, Just in case you want to Ove rClock or something and to keep your Temp. Cool too, Not to cause Lag Spikes or something and the best one for Budget Builds is the Hyper 212 EVO, You said you want to Upgrade to an i7 so keep it with you, Good luck! :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.