Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

GTX 650 and Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.5GHz?

Tags:
  • Gtx
  • Core
  • Quad
  • Intel
  • CPUs
Last response: in Systems
June 28, 2014 5:45:52 AM

Will they work together? And im currently using a GT 630 will my motherboard be able to mount the GTX 650? If the CPU wont go well with the GTX 650 please name some CPUs that will go well with the GTX 650 not TOO expensive please.

More about : gtx 650 intel core quad cpu q8300 5ghz

a b à CPUs
June 28, 2014 10:23:05 AM

If the Gt 630 does, then a GTX 650 most likely will. Go instead for a GTX 750 or 750 Ti.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 28, 2014 10:24:17 AM

One23 said:
Will they work together? And im currently using a GT 630 will my motherboard be able to mount the GTX 650? If the CPU wont go well with the GTX 650 please name some CPUs that will go well with the GTX 650 not TOO expensive please.


Yes yes yes, no motherboard issues here. PCI is backwards compatible, so unless you're motherboard manufacturers had their heads up their butts and used an AGP slot, you are fine. The 650 is NVIDA's slowest DX11 card, with the exception of the GTX450. I think a quad core processor could handle it fine.
Share
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2014 10:26:16 AM

Hello man said:
One23 said:
Will they work together? And im currently using a GT 630 will my motherboard be able to mount the GTX 650? If the CPU wont go well with the GTX 650 please name some CPUs that will go well with the GTX 650 not TOO expensive please.


Yes yes yes, no motherboard issues here. PCI is backwards compatible, so unless you're motherboard manufacturers had their heads up their butts and used an AGP slot, you are fine. The 650 is NVIDA's slowest DX11 card, with the exception of the GTX450. I think a quad core processor could handle it fine.


Well that is one way to say it...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2014 10:35:50 AM

Andrew Buck said:
Hello man said:
One23 said:
Will they work together? And im currently using a GT 630 will my motherboard be able to mount the GTX 650? If the CPU wont go well with the GTX 650 please name some CPUs that will go well with the GTX 650 not TOO expensive please.


Yes yes yes, no motherboard issues here. PCI is backwards compatible, so unless you're motherboard manufacturers had their heads up their butts and used an AGP slot, you are fine. The 650 is NVIDA's slowest DX11 card, with the exception of the GTX450. I think a quad core processor could handle it fine.


Well that is one way to say it...


Sorry, am shopping online and EBAY did not have what I want. Made me frustrated. Throwing this out there, my Core 2 Duo I used to use at at 2.13 GHZ, and bottlenecked a GTX460 768MB.
m
0
l