Solved

Best $450-500 Gaming PC!

Hi I need a gaming PC this coming Christmas, I really want to play now because there is a computer rental here and I always have to pay before to play. I don't want to wait and save because the college will start and you know getting job after so I was thinking if I getting a PC now I will save more money than coming to computer rental everyday. I also want to proof the PC in next 5-6 years, so what if I get a AMD APU then upgrade it later a powerful GPU when it slows in upcoming modern games.
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 450 500 gaming
  1. Jaydee Ramos said:
    Hi I need a gaming PC this coming Christmas, I really want to play now because there is a computer rental here and I always have to pay before to play. I don't want to wait and save because the college will start and you know getting job after so I was thinking if I getting a PC now I will save more money than coming to computer rental everyday. I also want to proof the PC in next 5-6 years, so what if I get a AMD APU then upgrade it later a powerful GPU when it slows in upcoming modern games.

Amd apu's will bottleneck good graphic cards. DO you need an os and peripherals and monitor???
    If not get this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ckJLwP
  2. Jaydee Ramos said:

Getting and APU won't be a great decision. The CPU part of the APU is still a really weak CPU after you add a graphics card. I would only ever recommend an APU to someone who did not intend to ever add a graphics card, because their only strength is their relatively high-quality integrated graphics.
  3. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Xn6wkL

If you can't go above budget that high, just get a cheaper mobo and computer case. But if you can, drop the OS.

APUs are good, but this config will bring a ton more fps.
  4. Akhil Potukuchi said:
    Jaydee Ramos said:

Amd apu's will bottleneck good graphic cards. DO you need an os and peripherals and monitor???
    If not get this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ckJLwP

Same as build of Austin Evan's Photon, but the problem is AMD Athlon X4 760K is not available here.
  5. country of origin?
  6. Do you need an operating system?

Just change akhil Potukuchis build with a Pentium G3220 and a B85 motherboard.
  7. TechyInAZ said:
    Do you need an operating system?

Just change akhil Potukuchis build with a Pentium G3220 and a B85 motherboard.

I have a monitor, peripherals and the win 8.1 here only cost $11, I'm from philippines and I have to admit the prices of the products here is so high than there
  8. budget and website u will be using?
  9. iceclock said:
    budget and website u will be using?

$500 or P22000 in dynaquestpc.com
  10. looks good to me
  11. Best answer
  12. Jaydee Ramos said:

Ok then you have 100 bucks left right. Get the i3 4130 which costs about 5200pp and you will still have 1500 pp left.http://dynaquestpc.com/product/intel-core-i3-4130-3-40ghz-haswell/ Then you can get the r7 265 and you will easily be able to run all the games which will release in the next 2-3 years on low - med settings and some on high. Also the r7 series has mantle which provides a free boost to performance in games especially if you have a low end processor.Buy it and enjoy gaming.
  13. Jaydee Ramos said:

For a low - mid end build a 720p monitor will do fine. Unless you really want a 1080p monitor. with your specs and a 792p monitor, You will be able to play games on high settings if they are tweaked currently. I myself have an old c2q 6600 and an hd 6670 and a 766p monitor and can run all the latest games on low settings.
  14. Akhil Potukuchi said:
    Jaydee Ramos said:

For a low - mid end build a 720p monitor will do fine. Unless you really want a 1080p monitor. with your specs and a 792p monitor, You will be able to play games on high settings if they are tweaked currently. I myself have an old c2q 6600 and an hd 6670 and a 766p monitor and can run all the latest games on low settings.

1080p monitor in low to med settings of 792p on med to high/ultra settings ?
  15. Jaydee Ramos said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    Jaydee Ramos said:

Corrrection 1080p on constant medium settings and on some games high/ultra. 792p on med-high.
  16. Akhil Potukuchi said:
    Jaydee Ramos said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    Jaydee Ramos said:

Corrrection 1080p on constant medium settings and on some games high/ultra. 792p on med-high.

Which do you think will show more detail ?
  17. Jaydee Ramos said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    Jaydee Ramos said:
    Akhil Potukuchi said:
    Jaydee Ramos said:

Which do you think will show more detail ?

Of course 1080p will show more detail. But for your build use your current monitor. Some games will lag on 1080p.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Components