Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

MOBO driver installation (ASUS)

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 30, 2014 10:24:27 AM

Hello,

I purchased ASUS H87-PLUS and I'm preparing for it's installation. I want to install drivers, but I can't run the DVD which came in package so I want to download drivers from ASUS homepage.
But when choosing the parameters it throws me out for BIOS 18 drivers and I don't know which to pick.
Is it the latest one? Because description is confusing - *Before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors, we suggest that you first download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool.


Anyone who has experience with ASUS MOBO's please reply.
Link for driver list (my future OS will be Windows 8.1 64 bit):
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_Downl...

P.S. The ASUS support section (sending questing to ASUS directly) doesn't work for me - some kind of form error, so I that's why I'm asking you guys.

Thanks!

UPDATE

I've have also bought i5 4440 and GTX 660 by ASUS.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 131 V Motherboard
June 30, 2014 11:55:31 AM

Clumorelo said:
Hello,

I purchased ASUS H87-PLUS and I'm preparing for it's installation. I want to install drivers, but I can't run the DVD which came in package so I want to download drivers from ASUS homepage.
But when choosing the parameters it throws me out for BIOS 18 drivers and I don't know which to pick.
Is it the latest one? Because description is confusing - *Before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors, we suggest that you first download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool.


Anyone who has experience with ASUS MOBO's please reply.
Link for driver list (my future OS will be Windows 8.1 64 bit):
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_Downl...

P.S. The ASUS support section (sending questing to ASUS directly) doesn't work for me - some kind of form error, so I that's why I'm asking you guys.

Thanks!

UPDATE

I've have also bought i5 4440 and GTX 660 by ASUS.


Do you know what BIOS ver. your mobo has? the Asus Supported CPUs list shows that the i5 4440 is supported since BIOS ver. 0605. If you have the 0605 BIOS then your build should work without an update required.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/

Yogi

m
0
l
June 30, 2014 12:25:13 PM

Y0GI said:
Clumorelo said:
Hello,

I purchased ASUS H87-PLUS and I'm preparing for it's installation. I want to install drivers, but I can't run the DVD which came in package so I want to download drivers from ASUS homepage.
But when choosing the parameters it throws me out for BIOS 18 drivers and I don't know which to pick.
Is it the latest one? Because description is confusing - *Before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors, we suggest that you first download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool.


Anyone who has experience with ASUS MOBO's please reply.
Link for driver list (my future OS will be Windows 8.1 64 bit):
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_Downl...

P.S. The ASUS support section (sending questing to ASUS directly) doesn't work for me - some kind of form error, so I that's why I'm asking you guys.

Thanks!

UPDATE

I've have also bought i5 4440 and GTX 660 by ASUS.


Do you know what BIOS ver. your mobo has? the Asus Supported CPUs list shows that the i5 4440 is supported since BIOS ver. 0605. If you have the 0605 BIOS then your build should work without an update required.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/

Yogi



I don't really know, it does not appear from the product package, manuals etc. itself. I guess I will only find out when I put in my MOBO, CPU, GPU (and waiting when my RAM ships) together.

m
0
l
Related resources
June 30, 2014 12:38:55 PM

Y0GI said:
Clumorelo said:
Hello,

I purchased ASUS H87-PLUS and I'm preparing for it's installation. I want to install drivers, but I can't run the DVD which came in package so I want to download drivers from ASUS homepage.
But when choosing the parameters it throws me out for BIOS 18 drivers and I don't know which to pick.
Is it the latest one? Because description is confusing - *Before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors, we suggest that you first download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool.


Anyone who has experience with ASUS MOBO's please reply.
Link for driver list (my future OS will be Windows 8.1 64 bit):
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_Downl...

P.S. The ASUS support section (sending questing to ASUS directly) doesn't work for me - some kind of form error, so I that's why I'm asking you guys.

Thanks!

UPDATE

I've have also bought i5 4440 and GTX 660 by ASUS.


Do you know what BIOS ver. your mobo has? the Asus Supported CPUs list shows that the i5 4440 is supported since BIOS ver. 0605. If you have the 0605 BIOS then your build should work without an update required.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/

Yogi



Though, do I understand you correctly - I have never ran this MOBO and drivers are already installed? - This is in contradiction with my previous experiences with hardware (though I don't have experience with MOBO's)
My guess that I have to install drivers after I install all my hardware into case and set up OS. I just don't want to leave for Windows Updater to deal with this. :) 

I'm preparing all my things to a ready state to make this process as smooth as it can be.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 131 V Motherboard
June 30, 2014 12:51:34 PM

Quote:

Though, do I understand you correctly - I have never ran this MOBO and drivers are already installed? - This is in contradiction with my previous experiences with hardware (though I don't have experience with MOBO's)
My guess that I have to install drivers after I install all my hardware into case and set up OS. I just don't want to leave for Windows Updater to deal with this. :) 

I'm preparing all my things to a ready state to make this process as smooth as it can be.
Pick as the solution


There are 2 things that you'll need:

1) A BIOS that supports your CPU, and
2) Mobo chipset drivers

Your mobo BIOS ver. may be on a sticker on the mobo or the box that it came in. You could contact Asus Tech Support about this.

Windows will install "some" chipset drivers during installation. You would be best served by downloading the latest chipset drivers for your particular mobo from Asus support page. Also get the latest LAN drivers while you're at it.

Yogi
Share
June 30, 2014 1:08:15 PM

Y0GI said:
Quote:

Though, do I understand you correctly - I have never ran this MOBO and drivers are already installed? - This is in contradiction with my previous experiences with hardware (though I don't have experience with MOBO's)
My guess that I have to install drivers after I install all my hardware into case and set up OS. I just don't want to leave for Windows Updater to deal with this. :) 

I'm preparing all my things to a ready state to make this process as smooth as it can be.
Pick as the solution


Thank you!

Took me sometime to find BIOS ver. imprinted on MOBO - on the upper side, north edge, in the middle, a tiny label saying - besides other values - 0806.

There are 2 things that you'll need:

1) A BIOS that supports your CPU, and
2) Mobo chipset drivers

Your mobo BIOS ver. may be on a sticker on the mobo or the box that it came in. You could contact Asus Tech Support about this.

Windows will install "some" chipset drivers during installation. You would be best served by downloading the latest chipset drivers for your particular mobo from Asus support page. Also get the latest LAN drivers while you're at it.

Yogi


Thank you!

Took me some time to find the small little label on the edge of the MOBO saying besides other values - 0806.
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 131 V Motherboard
June 30, 2014 1:35:30 PM

You're welcome.

Glad to see that you got it figured out.

Yogi
m
0
l
!