Solved

Corsair H100I setup

Hello, I am currently running an FX-8350 with a CM hyper 212 evo and I was wondering how good the corsair h100i is? I have heard it is loud but also does a good job cooling, and I was thinking about buying it in a few weeks. could I use the top fan on my case (NZXT Phantom 410) and the hyper 212 fans to replace the corsair ones and be quieter? is it worth the money (89.99 on amazon I think)? Thank You
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair h100i setup
  1. The H100i is great. Not that loud, only around 37.5 Decibels. It is well worth the money. You would extend your overclocking range quite a bit, up to maybe 4.8 GHz, depending on your motherboard.
  2. Yeah, from what reviews say it's a great cooler.

    I'd also recommend the H110 cooler which has a 280mm rad.
  3. The H110 is also a great cooler. Overall, the H105 and H110 have the best performance, only lacking Corsair Link.
  4. Andrew Buck said:
    The H110 is also a great cooler. Overall, the H105 and H110 have the best performance, only lacking Corsair Link.


    what's the difference between the h100i and the h105? They are both 240mm.
  5. TechyInAZ said:
    Andrew Buck said:
    The H110 is also a great cooler. Overall, the H105 and H110 have the best performance, only lacking Corsair Link.


    what's the difference between the h100i and the h105? They are both 240mm.


    The h105 is 38 mm thick vs the h100i being 27 mm thick (:D got that right off the top of my head), which allows more surface area and more cooling capacity.
  6. ah, just like how the h80i is double the width of the h100i.
  7. TechyInAZ said:
    ah, just like how the h80i is double the width of the h100i.


    That would mean that the H80i and the H100i would have about equal cooling. The H105, though, has excellent cooling.
  8. I have a m5a99fx pro r2.0 MOBO, I have been having problems with socket temp but core temp is fine, would the h100i fix this?
  9. clw0315 said:
    I have a m5a99fx pro r2.0 MOBO, I have been having problems with socket temp but core temp is fine, would the h100i fix this?


    I know exactly what you mean. Happened to me with my M5A99X EVO R2.0 (About equal, but x8 x8 instead of x16 x16). What I did to combat it was take the stock cooler's fan and tape it to the back of the motherboard. Ghetto rig that thing. It helped bring my temps down from 75 C on the socket @ 4.2 GHz @ 1.35 V to 57 C. Stopped all throttling. :)
  10. yeah unfortunately my dad isn't very comfortable with using tape... he thinks its too risky.... what I was wondering however was if the h100i could keep socket temps down... also paying 90$ I expect it to keep it down at around 5 ghz.... I essentially want to turn my fx-8350 into a 9590
  11. Best answer
    No, the H100i won't really help much with socket temps :( But my PC was perfectly stable and it worked great for about a month with my tape before I decided I would upgrade.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Cooling Corsair Evo