Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this MINI-ITX build ok or i should change some parts?

Last response: in Components
Share
June 30, 2014 5:27:35 PM

Hi guys this is the first time i post something on this site but i think is full of experts and very helpful people that's why i choose to look for an answer to my question here :bounce: 

Anyway here is the ''problem''. I'm about to build my first computer of my life so I am not sure about what to put in there :??: 
After a little research i understood and learned a lot of stuff (especially reading from this site :lol: )
So i decided to make a mini-itx because i don't have a lot of space where i am staying.

I almost forgot, hi i'm Luca and i'm from italy (this was my presentation :D )

I am a student at university so i have a small room (that's why i would prefer MINI-ITX or even MICRO-ATX pcs) and i need a pc powerful enough to let me make my projects (i am studying biomedical engeneering and use a lot 3dsmax, autocad, matlab, devcpp, etc...) and they are pretty heavy to handle right now with my laptop. Of course i'd love to play too (most of the time i play on a FullHD screen 60Hz but sometimes i'll have the chance to play with a 4k tv).

So the point of all of this boring text i wrote is: are this parts (link) good enough to let me do all of these stuff perfectly without the need to shake the pc?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KcPwkL

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KcPwkL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KcPwkL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.92 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked Video Card ($719.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case ($80.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 660W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($138.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($62.02 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SPRO-P14025WW-RP 122.2 CFM 140mm Fan ($15.19 @ Amazon)
Total: $1775.06


One last question, i am not sure about the motherboard in fact i was looking also to the ASUS Z97I PLUS, which one is better?

About overclocking i think i wouldn't need it for almost 1 year but when i think i need a little boost i think i will overclock a little bit the whole system

Thank you for reading all of this, every answer will be appreciated
June 30, 2014 5:34:46 PM

Build looks good so far. Will you do much gaming on it? For light to moderate gaming, a small-form factor video card, such as a GTX 750, should work. For heavy gaming, at least a GTX 760 and a micro ATX case will be in order.
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 5:43:32 PM

i'll be playing a lot epecially after a whole day of study and when i play i want everything to be ultra and full hd, i know that the gtx 780 ti may be an overkill if you meant that in fact i was wondering if a gtx 780 would be good too even in a 4k, i've never tried playind with somethins so defined and i gotta give it a try :lol: 
m
0
l
Related resources
June 30, 2014 5:49:07 PM

The link you supplied is for the start-up page. There is no list selected.
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 5:52:44 PM

Sorry but how could Joseph DeGarmo see the configuration?
By the way here it is

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9FFRgs

hope this time is the right one
ps: i changed the vga
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 5:56:22 PM

That is better. I have no idea how he could see them. It is a different web address.
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 5:57:57 PM

terry4536 said:
That is better. I have no idea how he could see them. It is a different web address.


ok anyway thanks for letting me know XD
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:18:43 PM

Now that looks better. The default link directed me to a build I had on there previously. Also, the compatibility notes state that the CPU cooler may not fit in the case. A Noctua fan cooler should be good, though.
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:21:04 PM

I went through it. Everything should fit in the case. I am a little surprised that it does fit. Everything is top notch components. I have the 860 watt version of the power supply, and I can say that it is an excellent power supply.

The two motherboards are very similar, but I am leaning towards the Asus motherboard.
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:24:31 PM

Joseph DeGarmo said:
Now that looks better. The default link directed me to a build I had on there previously. Also, the compatibility notes state that the CPU cooler may not fit in the case. A Noctua fan cooler should be good, though.


I've watched a video and can tell it fits perfectly, i think corsair made it in purpose to make aenough space for the h100i
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:26:10 PM

terry4536 said:
I went through it. Everything should fit in the case. I am a little surprised that it does fit. Everything is top notch components. I have the 860 watt version of the power supply, and I can say that it is an excellent power supply.

The two motherboards are very similar, but I am leaning towards the Asus motherboard.


Can you explain me why please.

I had the same feeling that the asus z97i plus would be better but i don't know how to answer XD
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:26:24 PM

It says that will fit a 240mm radiator. I didn't check the H100i page.
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:31:20 PM

terry4536 said:
It says that will fit a 240mm radiator. I didn't check the H100i page.


I was talking about the mobo ahahah XD
I am sure that the radiator will fit though
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:37:49 PM

terry4536 said:
In general I prefer Asus motherboards to Asrock. Little things like the best motherboard fan controller (Fan Xpert 2). The integrated audio is a high end version.

Here is a comparison.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...|13-157-504^13-157-504-TS%2C13-132-122^13-132-122-TS&percm=13-132-122%3A%24%24%24%24%24%24%24


Sorry but the link is ''broken'' or something, by the way about the fan controller i think i'll use the one with the h100i and if the difference is just the audio i think i will take the cheaper one
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:42:27 PM

Like I said the are very similar. Either will work.
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 6:56:57 PM

terry4536 said:
Like I said the are very similar. Either will work.


ok thank you for your answer XD
Especially thank you for those links

Anyway do you guys think it is a nice config.?
Now i know i can keep the mobo but what about the vga? gtx 780 or gtx 780ti?
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 7:06:54 PM

If you have the money, I would go for the GTX 780 Ti. Otherwise I would stick with the GTX 780.
m
0
l
June 30, 2014 7:08:25 PM

Sgatto said:
Hi guys this is the first time i post something on this site but i think is full of experts and very helpful people that's why i choose to look for an answer to my question here :bounce: 

Anyway here is the ''problem''. I'm about to build my first computer of my life so I am not sure about what to put in there :??: 
After a little research i understood and learned a lot of stuff (especially reading from this site :lol: )
So i decided to make a mini-itx because i don't have a lot of space where i am staying.

I almost forgot, hi i'm Luca and i'm from italy (this was my presentation :D )

I am a student at university so i have a small room (that's why i would prefer MINI-ITX or even MICRO-ATX pcs) and i need a pc powerful enough to let me make my projects (i am studying biomedical engeneering and use a lot 3dsmax, autocad, matlab, devcpp, etc...) and they are pretty heavy to handle right now with my laptop. Of course i'd love to play too (most of the time i play on a FullHD screen 60Hz but sometimes i'll have the chance to play with a 4k tv).

So the point of all of this boring text i wrote is: are this parts (link) good enough to let me do all of these stuff perfectly without the need to shake the pc?

http://https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

One last question, i am not sure about the motherboard in fact i was looking also to the ASUS Z97I PLUS, which one is better?

About overclocking i think i wouldn't need it for almost 1 year but when i think i need a little boost i think i will overclock a little bit the whole system

Thank you for reading all of this, every answer will be appreciated


Upload it by pasting the link in the top right of the page, not the address. That takes me to my build.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 30, 2014 7:08:36 PM

And yes I like the overall configuration.. A powerful PC in a small package.
Share
June 30, 2014 7:11:36 PM

Andrew Buck said:
Sgatto said:
Hi guys this is the first time i post something on this site but i think is full of experts and very helpful people that's why i choose to look for an answer to my question here :bounce: 

Anyway here is the ''problem''. I'm about to build my first computer of my life so I am not sure about what to put in there :??: 
After a little research i understood and learned a lot of stuff (especially reading from this site :lol: )
So i decided to make a mini-itx because i don't have a lot of space where i am staying.

I almost forgot, hi i'm Luca and i'm from italy (this was my presentation :D )

I am a student at university so i have a small room (that's why i would prefer MINI-ITX or even MICRO-ATX pcs) and i need a pc powerful enough to let me make my projects (i am studying biomedical engeneering and use a lot 3dsmax, autocad, matlab, devcpp, etc...) and they are pretty heavy to handle right now with my laptop. Of course i'd love to play too (most of the time i play on a FullHD screen 60Hz but sometimes i'll have the chance to play with a 4k tv).

So the point of all of this boring text i wrote is: are this parts (link) good enough to let me do all of these stuff perfectly without the need to shake the pc?

http://https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

One last question, i am not sure about the motherboard in fact i was looking also to the ASUS Z97I PLUS, which one is better?

About overclocking i think i wouldn't need it for almost 1 year but when i think i need a little boost i think i will overclock a little bit the whole system

Thank you for reading all of this, every answer will be appreciated


Upload it by pasting the link in the top right of the page, not the address. That takes me to my build.


Done :D 
m
0
l
July 1, 2014 5:04:15 PM

So ok if there is no prolem with any of the compenents i choose i think i have all my ideas clear.
Thank you everybody
m
0
l
July 1, 2014 6:49:15 PM

You're welcome. Good Luck.
m
0
l
!