Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Programs that trigger windows 7 basic color scheme (and AMD catalyst control center question)

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Graphics
  • Catalyst
  • Basic
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 2, 2014 12:49:39 PM

The OSD on my TV is constantly on, taking up 10% of the screen, letting me know that I'm hooked up to hdmi 1, 1080p. the only fix I have found so far, is to activate LCD overdrive in amd catalyst control center, which triggers the windows 7 basic color scheme. I upgraded the drivers to the latest version however, and LCD overdrive is no longer there. Is there any way to get it back (i tried reverting the drivers) and what programs out there force trigger the windows 7 basic color scheme (doing it manually doesn't work)?

More about : programs trigger windows basic color scheme amd catalyst control center question

July 2, 2014 12:53:48 PM

you can go to the personalization menu and enable it yourself. It's in the second group of themes after the aero themes.
m
0
l
July 2, 2014 1:10:56 PM

Shadowblade2652 said:
you can go to the personalization menu and enable it yourself. It's in the second group of themes after the aero themes.


I said in the post that it doesn't work, i get the color scheme but the OSD doesn't disappear. Something in having it forced on by a program will trigger it off.

m
0
l
Related resources
July 2, 2014 1:12:46 PM

honestly I don't understand why your TV has an OSD in the first place.
m
0
l
July 2, 2014 1:21:35 PM

Shadowblade2652 said:
honestly I don't understand why your TV has an OSD in the first place.


Every tv and monitor since the early 2000's or earlier has had some form of menu, where you can alter display settings and which input you're receiving on the screens. I might be using the wrong terminology though.
m
0
l
July 2, 2014 1:27:06 PM

I know what you mean but why is it there permanently?
m
0
l
July 2, 2014 1:32:56 PM

Shadowblade2652 said:
I know what you mean but why is it there permanently?


That's what im trying to figure out. no other device does this. normally whenever i switch to a hooked up input, it'll show the input for 5 seconds and then disappear, doesn't come back. When i hook it up to the PC, it's always on, but only when windows fully loads, it doesnt happen while in BIOS. Do you know of any LCD-esque 'overclocking' for a lack of better term programs or a program that will force trigger windows 7, like an old game such as starcraft 1.
m
0
l
July 2, 2014 1:34:14 PM

perhaps you may be able to disable that in the TVs settings? Try that first
m
0
l
July 2, 2014 1:56:21 PM

Shadowblade2652 said:
perhaps you may be able to disable that in the TVs settings? Try that first


It's a generic Dynex TV, and there were no settings to disable the OSD.
m
0
l
July 2, 2014 9:08:47 PM

maybe on the remote you can exit out of the OSD?
m
0
l
July 3, 2014 11:04:43 AM

Shadowblade2652 said:
maybe on the remote you can exit out of the OSD?



even if i hold down the exit button, it just comes back up, and keeps flashing.
m
0
l
July 3, 2014 12:54:43 PM

maybe try a different input?
m
0
l
July 4, 2014 9:30:36 AM

Shadowblade2652 said:
maybe try a different input?


I tried that already, no good.

You don't know of any programs that could force trigger the basic color scheme, or how to get LCD overdrive back?
m
0
l
July 4, 2014 5:40:47 PM

GaryOakFJ said:
Shadowblade2652 said:
maybe try a different input?


I tried that already, no good.

You don't know of any programs that could force trigger the basic color scheme, or how to get LCD overdrive back?


I know that old source games (half-life 2, counter strike (the original, not the source engine version), or maybe even the original half life). They shouldn't eat up into your computer at all.
m
0
l
!