Can someone look over my $1100 gaming build?

I was hoping that someone could look over this parts list before I buy anything.

I'm going to use the computer for mainly gaming (in modern games like skyrim, witcher 2 and 3, CS:GO, battlefield 4, dark souls 2, and upcoming titles like possibly star citizen, hopefully at around max settings at a nice framerate), but also in a lesser sense for general web browsing, netflix, schoolwork and other things.

I'm not going to overclock immediately, so I haven't included a cpu cooler.

My budget is around 1000-1145 USD.

The parts are a bit pricey right now, but I can probably get them during sales for even cheaper.

I'm very new at putting together computers (this is my first build) and am open to suggestions, so if anyone could help it would be very appreciated.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($238.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($132.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: PNY XLR8 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1124.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1100 gaming build
  1. This seems like a solid build :) please best answer me it helps me out a ton :)
  2. That looks like a really solid build! I really like the 500r case, its great! Do you need an operating system or do you already have one? What ever you get, you would need a 64 bit version and i would recommend windows 8.1 (If you don't like the look of 8.1 you can run it on windows classic) Good luck with the build!

How to run on Classic windows(It gives you all the performance perks of windows 8.1 but looks and works like 7):

If I helped best solution helps a ton! Thanks and have fun with your PC!
  3. I do not need a best solution,

I think the build is very good. You could go with cheaper parts but it is fine as is. That 290 is also a good idea because of heat issues.
    Are you sure you want to overclock!
  4. Best answer
    Looks great.

You should consider swapping your ram for this faster module:

And also getting the newer version of your motherboard:

Both ram and mobo mentioned above are cheaper than the ones in your build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Systems