• Overclocking
  • Style
  • CPUs
  • Intel i5
  • Hand
Last response: in CPUs
July 3, 2014 4:05:16 AM

Hi
I just brought second hand i5 3330 if i upgrade to 3570k it will see any different ? My life style is play game like bf4 and not overclocking just stock use

More about : 3330 3570k

Best solution

a b à CPUs
July 3, 2014 4:14:42 AM

dont bother... maybe you will see 3fps more... and the main point of the K is to overclock and do something crazy
a c 317 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 3, 2014 4:26:35 AM

vixl2ds said:
and the main point of the K is to overclock and do something crazy

Where "crazy" is usually ~15% because most of the "overclocking headroom" has already been claimed by Intel by forcing overclockers to buy the highest-binned chips as their starting point. Between the higher-end motherboard, memory and the ~10% premium on K-chips, overclocking on Intel barely breaks even on bang-per-buck.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b à CPUs
July 3, 2014 4:34:10 AM

InvalidError said:
vixl2ds said:
and the main point of the K is to overclock and do something crazy

Where "crazy" is usually ~15% because most of the "overclocking headroom" has already been claimed by Intel by forcing overclockers to buy the highest-binned chips as their starting point. Between the higher-end motherboard, memory and the ~10% premium on K-chips, overclocking on Intel barely breaks even on bang-per-buck.

I'd say that's partially true..but yeah it does seem to be dependent on winning the bin lottery with some cpus. I had terrible luck with my i7 4770k so i decided to jump to the 4790k and have been much more successful in my overclocking..and even the base increase is nice.

but yes I'd agree if you're not into over clocking, don't bother with an unlocked cpu and just put the extra $$ elsewhere.
m
l
July 3, 2014 4:44:17 AM

Thank you very much everyone a lot of knowledge
m
l