Solved

How long will a r9 280x last?

How long will a r9 280x last on 1080p. (Willing to turn the settings to low with no AA when my GPU can't play any higher).
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about long 280x
  1. Best answer
    Up until that level you'd be able to use it for 5, maybe 6 years.
  2. yeah at low probably like 5 years maybe more maybe less depending on the games.
  3. Icaraeus said:
    Up until that level you'd be able to use it for 5, maybe 6 years.
    Wow thanks for the fast reply, also if I overclock the r9 280x when I am forced to drop the settings to low with no AA would I get better frames.
  4. helloguy said:
    Icaraeus said:
    Up until that level you'd be able to use it for 5, maybe 6 years.
    Wow thanks for the fast reply, also if I overclock the r9 280x when I am forced to drop the settings to low with no AA would I get better frames.



    Yes, overclocking does bring better FPS.

    Also overclock both the VRAM and the GPU, it will yield better fps than one or the other.
  5. TechyInAZ said:
    helloguy said:
    Icaraeus said:
    Up until that level you'd be able to use it for 5, maybe 6 years.
    Wow thanks for the fast reply, also if I overclock the r9 280x when I am forced to drop the settings to low with no AA would I get better frames.



    Yes, overclocking does bring better FPS.

    Also overclock both the VRAM and the GPU, it will yield better fps than one or the other.
    Thanks!
  6. It depends on the overclock, but with a GPU that strong you shouldn't need to think about OC'ing for at least the next couple of years. My 270X runs every game in existence ATM at maxed out/very high (no AA) at 1080p without lag.
  7. Icaraeus said:
    It depends on the overclock, but with a GPU that strong you shouldn't need to think about OC'ing for at least the next couple of years. My 270X runs every game in existence ATM at maxed out/very high (no AA) at 1080p without lag.


    speaking of overclocking, make sure you also get the factory overclocked r9 280X. It will also make your card last longer then you can overclock it to get even more life out of it. Then you can crossfireX it to get even more life out of it!! :)
  8. Icaraeus said:
    It depends on the overclock, but with a GPU that strong you shouldn't need to think about OC'ing for at least the next couple of years. My 270X runs every game in existence ATM at maxed out/very high (no AA) at 1080p without lag.


    TechyInAZ said:
    Icaraeus said:
    It depends on the overclock, but with a GPU that strong you shouldn't need to think about OC'ing for at least the next couple of years. My 270X runs every game in existence ATM at maxed out/very high (no AA) at 1080p without lag.


    speaking of overclocking, make sure you also get the factory overclocked r9 280X. It will also make your card last longer then you can overclock it to get even more life out of it. Then you can crossfireX it to get even more life out of it!! :)
    Thanks for the advice!
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Systems