Solved

Getting BSOD with new PC (Gigabyte R9 290)

Hello everyone,

I brought new PC week ago and I keep getting a BSOD problem.

I don't know what is the reason for that, I have all my drivers updated and all the parts are brand new.

The wired thing is that I don't get BSOD during gaming (tried heavy gaming like AC4).

I only get it when I am web surfing, maybe watching youtube or something.

My specs are:
Intel i5 4590
Gigabyte H81-HD3
Corsair VS650
Gigabyte R9 290 OC edition (GV-R929OC-4GD)
Kingston HyperX 8GB RAM

Why is that happened and what should I do?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bsod gigabyte 290
  1. I got the same problem with Sapphire 290 . doesn't happen very often , like once in a week.
    it must be related to hw acceleration in flash , and video decoding . You may disable them ,and see what happends.

    Other than this, usual advices , update to the latest bios, and drivers . Uninstall -if any- older video card drivers . Try a fresh windows install .
  2. is your IGP disabled?
  3. Hyedwtditpm said:
    is your IGP disabled?


    What is IGP?
  4. Integrated graphics. The gpu in your CPU.
  5. Hyedwtditpm said:
    Integrated graphics. The gpu in your CPU.


    how can I check this?
  6. What BSOD are you getting?
    Is it this one that causing the problem?: "atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c7dbb )". If it is that, uninstall old drivers and redownload, reinstall latest drivers.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64#amd-catalyst-packages
  7. BazokaJoe said:
    Hyedwtditpm said:
    Integrated graphics. The gpu in your CPU.


    how can I check this?


    From BIOS .
    Also be sure that you have latest driver for all your hardware , specially your graphics card and motherboard.
    Tough i highly suspect the problem is somewhere else. Getting BSOD while streaming video or playing video with hw acceleration seems to be a more than rare problem. I havent seen anyone offering a real solution for this .
  8. Hyedwtditpm said:
    BazokaJoe said:
    Hyedwtditpm said:
    Integrated graphics. The gpu in your CPU.


    how can I check this?


    From BIOS .
    Also be sure that you have latest driver for all your hardware , specially your graphics card and motherboard.
    Tough i highly suspect the problem is somewhere else. Getting BSOD while streaming video or playing video with hw acceleration seems to be a more than rare problem. I havent seen anyone offering a real solution for this .


    So I need to disable the CPU GPU?
  9. yes. Give it a try. It may or may not solve the issue .
  10. Hyedwtditpm said:
    yes. Give it a try. It may or may not solve the issue .


    Can you explain me how to do this?
    what option should I look for?
  11. Best answer
    every motherboard has different options. Check of IGP , graphics priority etc .
    And at the end , it may work, but didnt work at my end.

    Another solution is , this problem maybe caused by the Catalyst center. Unistall all AMD software then download the lastest drivers but do not install CC , just install the drivers.

    Also , there is another solution that may work. Check this thread.
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1656824/atikmdag-sys-error-bsod-startup.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Blue Screen Gigabyte Graphics