Looking for sub £300 TV or Monitor as second display for PC

Stothy

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
I was looking for a second monitor for my computer but I have come to the conclusion that a TV would provide more versatility for me as usually when I want a second monitor is when I watch TV, Videos or play games.

So ideally 32", toying with the idea of 26" if there are any decent options and maybe even a 24" monitor if it is recommended for use at a desk. 32" is the ideal size for my viewing distance and my room size but will probably make it unusable while at my desk. Seeming as I currently have a 24" monitor, it will be a big step up.

Currently the two 32" on my radar are the Samsung UE32H5000 and the Sony Bravia KDL32W7. Both seem like brilliant sets but I can't decide if waiting for a bit extra cash would be best so I can buy the Bravia. Anyone have any experience with either set and can give their opinion?

Only thing I am really interested in is the picture quality, not that bothered about Smart features and sound as it will be hooked up to my PC set up, most likely wont even use the EPG as it will be used only for internet based content and DVDs. Light gaming will be done on it, not one for buying games when they first come out, I mainly play RPG, Sport and Simulation games with Fifa and Football Manager being my two most played games. So, high frame rate desirable for sport but not essential.

Any other suggestions and any opinions welcome. Thank you for reading my post!