HD 7770 , q6600 , world of tanks , wot , low performance .

deathcall666

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Soo im a WoT player and im havong some isues with rather low performance. My config it good and i dont play the game at highest setings either:
-Q6600 unOC'ed
-HD 7770 ghz saphire
-ashrock p41 vs3 r.2 ( supports both ddr2 and ddr3)
-4GB single chanel 1600mhz cl9 ddr3 ( but working underclock just at 1066mhz)
-500gh Hdd on 7200rpm and 32mb
-600w PSU
I also must state that beteewn runing the game at full seting and at min setings isnt change of more than 20 to lets say 40 fps.
Also i play on a 40inch TV via HDMI at 1366x768 (only one with 60 hz)
Soo what is leting me down?

No, it doesn't have the graphics update yet. That setting is already set to true with 9.0. It helps with fps drops but it's not really multi core support. All it did was change which core it works on. http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/19/storm-posts-on-9-0-multicore-enablecpu/

deathcall666

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
The RAM frquency is low because q6600 was meant to use ddr2 . If i OC procesor the ram will go higher. The multi shitreading was postponed from 9.0 till 9.3 and later maybe. Anyhow since new textures i cant go over 60fps no matter how i look with 3rd person( if you know what i mean).
Also internet connection is good i have 100 MB/s net. BTW what is this xfire client?

you're not using that asrock fastLAN stuff are you? if so, uninstall it.

if you don't know what xfire is you don't need to worry about it.

the board supports ddr3 1333. you won't gain anything.

a game that benefits from a cpu more than a gpu will benefit from an over clock.

deathcall666

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I just said i could overclock it for higher ram . Also i saw fast lan i pretty lame and too hard to configure as ASC pro makes it automatically and without problems. My problem is hardware more than sure.
Is it posible dat my card doesnt has enough pixel fill rate for the the big TV (even if the resolution is just 1366*768)

I'm at a deficit. I rarely use low/mid end cards. but don't think it's too much of a problem./ bigger is always better........... but in this case a faster cpu would help.

what about an over clock? a multiplier change? what cpu cooler do you have?

will edit: slightly increase a little at a time the FSB to get the ram to run faster. when you start to have problem you back off a little.

deathcall666

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Well the cooler i quess its stock oem . Its a big bulky cooler master 8-12cm(not sure) vent ,with big aluminium radiator surounded by a cooper core that comes in contact with the CPU.
As for setup i use
Max : draw distance , textures , LoD , maybe motion blur(doesnt influence too much)
Min: light , shadow , water , xtra effects
Off: flora , fauna , decalls.
Im telling from memory since i dont have PC right now im writing from phone .

draw distance fills the screen with stuff you can see farther away, when a machine has to render that you will have problems.

motion blur......... turn off completely if possible. it's trying to make ( make it appear ) natural movement is occurring but all it does is mess things up and slow down machines.

textures....... lower that.........

you may want to consider a new build in the future. you like high settings. you need machine that can provide.

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I use GPU - Z http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

I have the sapphire HD 7770 as well. It doesn't handle visual distance, textures and high level of details very well. Try Medium or Low settings or that setting in between medium and low if there is one.

I play with everything on the lowest settings on my HD 7770. A 260x/HD 7790 is a lot more powerful compared to the HD 7770/HD 250x.

deathcall666

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Maybe because 7790 has nothing to do with 77xx series. Its just a downtiered 7870 . It should be called 7830 cuzz its a pitcairn LE.
Anyway you didnt understood my full problem. Even at lowest posible seting i cant get over 60fps.
Ages ago(1year and a half) i managed 85fps on a potato 8500gt. And the lowest requirements didnt changed since. Something hold my sistem very bad. A ssd would improve drastically performance?

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
They made a lot of changes to games recently. I was using a GT 240 till 6 months ago. Upgraded to HD 7770 didn't notice much of a difference and then I tried a 260x. I play everything on the lowest settings since all I play is online multiplayer games so I don't care as much as about picture as I do about winning. I set my max FPS at 60 FPS since if I put the setting above that then it does strange stuff on my HD 7770.