450 watt Radeon 7850

ra1n1ngbr1ck5

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014
I have a corsair vx450watt PSU and I want to add an msi radeon 7850 to it. I really don't want to change my psu but is it nessesary? I have an Intel i5 4440 as well. I will be using this for gaming

For a system using a single AMD reference design Radeon HD 7850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector. Some of the non-reference design Radeon HD 7850 graphics cards require at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

Corsair CMPSU-450VX
• OEM: Seasonic
• maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 33 Amps
one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector <=== Check the specific graphics card brand and model
• Modular Output Cables: No
• Official Intel Haswell Compliance: No
• 80 PLUS Standard Efficiency Certification

ra1n1ngbr1ck5

Reputable
Jul 3, 2014
Woa, thanks guys. You just stopped me worrying not only about parts but electric bills too. Just that I'm tryna limit the amount of power I use to an abosulte max if 500 watt if its absolutely nessesary