Solved

Help! Looking for Gaming Monitor under $260 [USD]

Help! Looking for Monitor under $260 [USD] I've been looking all over the internet at a bunch of monitor's like BenQ ones and ASUS and Dell, I would like to be able to hook up my PS4 to the monitor and my PC, So if you guys could please help if you could put some suggestions on what monitor I should get with a link that would help please just nothing over 250 because I don't have a huge budget. -Mason

Also I will be playing games like Dota 2, CS GO, Arma 3, DayZ, and some FPS and also I prefer 24" or 27" I would prefer the image quality to be at least decent same with colors.

P.S. If it is 20-30 over budget still put a link :)
29 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming monitor 260 usd
  1. Masonl06 said:
    Help! Looking for Monitor under $260 [USD] I've been looking all over the internet at a bunch of monitor's like BenQ ones and ASUS and Dell, I would like to be able to hook up my PS4 to the monitor and my PC, So if you guys could please help if you could put some suggestions on what monitor I should get with a link that would help please just nothing over 250 because I don't have a huge budget. -Mason

    Also I will be playing games like Dota 2, CS GO, Arma 3, DayZ, and some FPS and also I prefer 24" or 27" I would prefer the image quality to be at least decent same with colors.

    P.S. If it is 20-30 over budget still put a link :)


    you can get a really nice 1200p monitor at that price point,
    this (highly recommended) http://pcpartpicker.com/part/dell-monitor-m2gcr

    or this (for slightly above your budget) http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-pa248q
  2. Could also get a 120Hz monitor if your pc can make good use of it:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/aoc-monitor-g2460pqu%2Casus-monitor-vg248qe/
  3. RazerZ said:
    Could also get a 120Hz monitor if your pc can make good use of it:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/aoc-monitor-g2460pqu%2Casus-monitor-vg248qe/



    I'm thinking about getting the ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor would that be an ok choice?
  4. Masonl06 said:


    RazerZ said:
    Could also get a 120Hz monitor if your pc can make good use of it:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/aoc-monitor-g2460pqu%2Casus-monitor-vg248qe/



    I'm thinking about getting the ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor would that be an ok choice?


    It's a great choice if your pc can take advantage of the refresh rate.

    If you're current PC can't pull around 100+fps stick with a good quality IPS monitor.
  5. i dont think the PS4 can provide any more than 60fps as of now, so getting a 120hz/144hz will be almost pointless for the ps4, as far as the pc goes however, if your hardware can power it and give 120/144 fps, then absolutely go for the VG24QE, very nice monitor also supports nvidia G-sync
  6. RazerZ said:
    Masonl06 said:


    RazerZ said:
    Could also get a 120Hz monitor if your pc can make good use of it:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/aoc-monitor-g2460pqu%2Casus-monitor-vg248qe/



    I'm thinking about getting the ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor would that be an ok choice?


    It's a great choice if your pc can take advantage of the refresh rate.

    If you're current PC can't pull around 100+fps stick with a good quality IPS monitor.


    Now If I want can I also hook up my PS4 to it? I know it wont be 120hz it willl be 60hz but will it work with my ps4 also?
  7. Masonl06 said:
    RazerZ said:
    Masonl06 said:


    RazerZ said:
    Could also get a 120Hz monitor if your pc can make good use of it:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/aoc-monitor-g2460pqu%2Casus-monitor-vg248qe/



    I'm thinking about getting the ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor would that be an ok choice?


    It's a great choice if your pc can take advantage of the refresh rate.

    If you're current PC can't pull around 100+fps stick with a good quality IPS monitor.


    Now If I want can I also hook up my PS4 to it? I know it wont be 120hz it willl be 60hz but will it work with my ps4 also?



    Yes it will work with the HDMI Cables. Would just like to mention again that it's better to buy a better looking monitor with a 60hz refresh rate and an IPS display if your current pc doesn't reach frame rates around 100 when gaming.
  8. RazerZ said:
    Masonl06 said:
    RazerZ said:
    Masonl06 said:


    RazerZ said:
    Could also get a 120Hz monitor if your pc can make good use of it:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/aoc-monitor-g2460pqu%2Casus-monitor-vg248qe/



    I'm thinking about getting the ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor would that be an ok choice?


    It's a great choice if your pc can take advantage of the refresh rate.

    If you're current PC can't pull around 100+fps stick with a good quality IPS monitor.


    Now If I want can I also hook up my PS4 to it? I know it wont be 120hz it willl be 60hz but will it work with my ps4 also?



    Yes it will work with the HDMI Cables. Would just like to mention again that it's better to buy a better looking monitor with a 60hz refresh rate and an IPS display if your current pc doesn't reach frame rates around 100 when gaming.


    I actually dont have a PC yet I was going to make another thread soon for suggestions on parts for a $1300 PC
  9. Masonl06 said:
    RazerZ said:
    Masonl06 said:
    RazerZ said:
    Masonl06 said:


    RazerZ said:
    Could also get a 120Hz monitor if your pc can make good use of it:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/aoc-monitor-g2460pqu%2Casus-monitor-vg248qe/



    I'm thinking about getting the ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor would that be an ok choice?


    It's a great choice if your pc can take advantage of the refresh rate.

    If you're current PC can't pull around 100+fps stick with a good quality IPS monitor.


    Now If I want can I also hook up my PS4 to it? I know it wont be 120hz it willl be 60hz but will it work with my ps4 also?



    Yes it will work with the HDMI Cables. Would just like to mention again that it's better to buy a better looking monitor with a 60hz refresh rate and an IPS display if your current pc doesn't reach frame rates around 100 when gaming.


    I actually dont have a PC yet I was going to make another thread soon for suggestions on parts for a $1300 PC


    Stick with the 120hz monitor then :)
  10. i doubt a $1300 pc can handle 100+ fps on ultra-high settings, not if you already have things like ram and HDDs from an old pc, basically...if you dont have some sort of sli/ crossfire configuration going on, you can not achieve 100+ fps in games on ultra settings
  11. Leonell12 said:
    i doubt a $1300 pc can handle 100+ fps on ultra-high settings, not if you already have things like ram and HDDs from an old pc, basically...if you dont have some sort of sli/ crossfire configuration going on, you can not achieve 100+ fps in games on ultra settings


    True, but if he goes sli/crossfire in the future 120hz will definitely come in handy.
  12. RazerZ said:
    Leonell12 said:
    i doubt a $1300 pc can handle 100+ fps on ultra-high settings, not if you already have things like ram and HDDs from an old pc, basically...if you dont have some sort of sli/ crossfire configuration going on, you can not achieve 100+ fps in games on ultra settings


    True, but if he goes sli/crossfire in the future 120hz will definitely come in handy.


    What would you recommend then?
  13. Masonl06 said:
    RazerZ said:
    Leonell12 said:
    i doubt a $1300 pc can handle 100+ fps on ultra-high settings, not if you already have things like ram and HDDs from an old pc, basically...if you dont have some sort of sli/ crossfire configuration going on, you can not achieve 100+ fps in games on ultra settings


    True, but if he goes sli/crossfire in the future 120hz will definitely come in handy.


    What would you recommend then?



    Assuming you aren't going to sli/crossfire ( adding a second graphics card) I would go with the IPS monitor I listed a few posts above that was on sale for a good price.
  14. Leonell12 said:
    Masonl06 said:
    Help! Looking for Monitor under $260 [USD] I've been looking all over the internet at a bunch of monitor's like BenQ ones and ASUS and Dell, I would like to be able to hook up my PS4 to the monitor and my PC, So if you guys could please help if you could put some suggestions on what monitor I should get with a link that would help please just nothing over 250 because I don't have a huge budget. -Mason

    Also I will be playing games like Dota 2, CS GO, Arma 3, DayZ, and some FPS and also I prefer 24" or 27" I would prefer the image quality to be at least decent same with colors.

    P.S. If it is 20-30 over budget still put a link :)


    you can get a really nice 1200p monitor at that price point,
    this (highly recommended) http://pcpartpicker.com/part/dell-monitor-m2gcr

    or this (for slightly above your budget) http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-pa248q


    Was looking at the Dell monitor but its 8ms and in Dota 2 I would really need something like 2ms :c
  15. The average gamer cant even tell the difference between 60hz and 120/ 144 hz,... however a veteran can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2IF9ZPwgDM

    i havent heard of the LG monitor RazerZ posted, however it does seem to have very good specs, the Dell U2412M and the Asus PA248Q quite a bit well-known as well (the ones i posted earlier)

    EDIT: this has 1ms response time and a very good picture quality, however is 1080p http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs278qp
  16. Leonell12 said:
    The average gamer cant even tell the difference between 60hz and 120/ 144 hz,... however a veteran can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2IF9ZPwgDM

    i havent heard of the LG monitor RazerZ posted, however it does seem to have very good specs, the Dell U2412M and the Asus PA248Q quite a bit well-known as well (the ones i posted earlier)

    EDIT: this has 1ms response time and a very good picture quality, however is 1080p http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs278qp


    Does the Dell U2412 have a HDMI port? *crosses fingers*
  17. Masonl06 said:
    Leonell12 said:
    The average gamer cant even tell the difference between 60hz and 120/ 144 hz,... however a veteran can https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2IF9ZPwgDM

    i havent heard of the LG monitor RazerZ posted, however it does seem to have very good specs, the Dell U2412M and the Asus PA248Q quite a bit well-known as well (the ones i posted earlier)

    EDIT: this has 1ms response time and a very good picture quality, however is 1080p http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs278qp


    Does the Dell U2412 have a HDMI port? *crosses fingers*




    sadly :( no....the Asus PA248Q does however and its a slightly better monitor than the Dell one in terms of its picture quality (hence its more expensive as well)

    EDIT: btw what RazerZ says is also true, unless you're an absolute beast veteran gamer, you will never be able to tell the difference between 5ms and 1ms, or 6ms and 2ms
  18. LG monitors aren't all that popular ( at least in the US), so naturally there aren't as many reviews. But I can assure you they make products just as good as Asus, BenQ, etc.

    I highly doubt you can tell the difference between 1ms and 5ms.

    If you had the means to try them out at a pc store, then I would do so before you make your choice.
  19. RazerZ said:
    LG monitors aren't all that popular ( at least in the US), so naturally there aren't as many reviews. But I can assure you they make products just as good as Asus, BenQ, etc.

    I highly doubt you can tell the difference between 1ms and 5ms.

    If you had the means to try them out at a pc store, then I would do so before you make your choice.


    I dont know what to get D:
  20. 27" 5ms IPS Display for $220. Can't go wrong at that price.
  21. RazerZ said:
    27" 5ms IPS Display for $220. Can't go wrong at that price.


    What monitor?
  22. Best answer
  23. Im going to have to go with Asus VS278Q-P that Leonell12 mentioned it's 27" and its 1080 plus its 1ms :) I just dont know if i can trust LG just yet
  24. Actually Idk LG ones looks nice
  25. RazerZ said:


    LG 27MP35HQ Black 27" or ASUS VS278Q-P Black 27"
  26. Masonl06 said:
    RazerZ said:


    LG 27MP35HQ Black 27" or ASUS VS278Q-P Black 27"



    The LG has a better display. The Asus has a 1ms response time which you may or may not notice.
  27. I play League of Legends which is very similar to Dota on an ancient display with a 45ms response time and it plays very smoothly. I can imagine with a display time less than 15ms you should be fine.
  28. Thanks both of you :) LG i will go with
Ask a new question

Read More

Peripherals Graphics Systems Dell Monitors