Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev 5.0) CPU Support

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 6, 2014 2:12:38 AM

I'm thinking about buying the GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev 5.0) and I'm wondering if I will need to update the bios to use a amd fx 8320. Thanks for any help.

More about : gigabyte 78lmt usb3 rev cpu support

Best solution

a c 153 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 171 V Motherboard
July 6, 2014 2:16:30 AM

Nope; you should not need one. But do not overclock the CPU on it. The VRMs on it is really poor.
Share
July 7, 2014 12:06:48 AM

ksham said:
Nope; you should not need one. But do not overclock the CPU on it. The VRMs on it is really poor.


How exactly can you tell that the VRMs are bad though? Also, will the motherboard having bad VRMs make it throttle the CPU down?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 153 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a c 171 V Motherboard
July 7, 2014 9:41:36 AM

kevinhenson99 said:
How exactly can you tell that the VRMs are bad though?

It has a 4+1 power phase design, which is okay, but not great for overclocking, especially on chips like the FX-8320 which takes up to 125W at stock. It's bad in that it limits overclocking potential. But if you don't plan to overclock, don't worry about it.


kevinhenson99 said:
Also, will the motherboard having bad VRMs make it throttle the CPU down?

No. It limits overclocking potential.
m
0
l
July 9, 2014 12:45:00 AM

ksham said:
kevinhenson99 said:
How exactly can you tell that the VRMs are bad though?

It has a 4+1 power phase design, which is okay, but not great for overclocking, especially on chips like the FX-8320 which takes up to 125W at stock. It's bad in that it limits overclocking potential. But if you don't plan to overclock, don't worry about it.


kevinhenson99 said:
Also, will the motherboard having bad VRMs make it throttle the CPU down?

No. It limits overclocking potential.


Okay, thanks man. You've been really helpful, I appreciate it.
m
0
l
!