Solved

Will my AMD phennom ii x6 be a bottleneck?

Hello! im sitting here with my trusty phennom ii x6 1090 Black Edition.
I ordered a AMD radeon R9 290 Gigabyte windforce to replace my old ATI Radeon 5970 XFX but im wondering if my phennom will bottleneck the R9 290 i have my Phennom oced at 4.0GHZ

My whole system is this.

Case: CM storm Stryker
MOBO: ASUS 990FX Rev 2.0
CPU: phennom ii x6 OC to 4GHZ
PSU: Seasonic 750W silver certified.
8GB of Kingston 1866HZ Ram.
120GB kingston V300SSD
AND a 1TB Hitatchi 7200RPM HDD
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd phennom bottleneck
  1. the 1090t will do a great job in 95% of games every bit the equivalent of the fx 8350 in most games. But will not do that great in poorly threaded games. Like ps2 or saints row 4.
  2. Yes, but not too much.
  3. coolcole01 said:
    the 1090t will do a great job in 95% of games every bit the equivalent of the fx 8350 in most games. But will not do that great in poorly threaded games. Like ps2 or saints row 4.


    I´ve read about AMD´s FX series and honestly it's nothing "new" so i hope my phennom will be enough for now, specially now that i Made a slight oc =)
  4. the fx 8350 can be really good at sometimes when oc'd its certainly not bad just not the greatest
  5. Best answer
    Your Phenom will be able to cope, I'm running the Phenom X6 1100T @ 4.1Ghz with an R9 290X and 16gb of DDR3 @ 2133mhz and it hasnt had any bottleneck issues. I've played games such as Battlefield 4, Crysis 3 and Planetside with no issues regarding bottleneck.
  6. electricfirebolt said:
    Your Phenom will be able to cope, I'm running the Phenom X6 1100T @ 4.1Ghz with an R9 290X and 16gb of DDR3 @ 2133mhz and it hasnt had any bottleneck issues. I've played games such as Battlefield 4, Crysis 3 and Planetside with no issues regarding bottleneck.


    just the answer i was looking for, thx!
  7. citroones said:
    electricfirebolt said:
    Your Phenom will be able to cope, I'm running the Phenom X6 1100T @ 4.1Ghz with an R9 290X and 16gb of DDR3 @ 2133mhz and it hasnt had any bottleneck issues. I've played games such as Battlefield 4, Crysis 3 and Planetside with no issues regarding bottleneck.


    just the answer i was looking for, thx!


    Np :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Cooler Master Bottleneck AMD CPUs