gtx 770 with core i7 4770k or r9 290 with core i5 4760k for watch dogs 1080p @60hz

gtx 770 with core i7 4770k or r9 290 with core i5 4760k for watch dogs 1080p @60hz
15 answers Last reply
More about gtx 770 core 4770k 290 core 4760k watch dogs 1080p 60hz
  1. It doesnt really matter get whichever is cheaper i prefer nvidia if it isent too much more expensive.
  2. Watch dogs is artificially crippled for amd cards due to nvidia specific coding, but overall the R9 290 is better.
  3. leeb2013 said:
    Watch dogs is artificially crippled for amd cards due to nvidia specific coding, but overall the R9 290 is better.


    but i'm talking about 1080p man the r9 290 will overkill the monitor
  4. mostafa wahead said:
    leeb2013 said:
    Watch dogs is artificially crippled for amd cards due to nvidia specific coding, but overall the R9 290 is better.


    but i'm talking about 1080p man the r9 290 will overkill the monitor


    What? that makes no sense. what is overkilling the monitor? lol
  5. The 290 will run at whatever resoultion you want it regardless of what monitor you have.
  6. Dunlop0078 said:
    The 290 will run at whatever resoultion you want it regardless of what monitor you have.


    you mean that there is no thing call overkilling ? i heard alot of answers on the site saying that r9 290 will overkill any 1080@60hz monitors as it has a4 gb vram which requires more than 1080p resolution
  7. mostafa wahead said:
    Dunlop0078 said:
    The 290 will run at whatever resoultion you want it regardless of what monitor you have.


    you mean that there is no thing call overkilling ? i heard alot of answers on the site saying that r9 290 will overkill any 1080@60hz monitors as it has a4 gb vram which requires more than 1080p resolution


    New to english? by overkill he means that you dont need that much but its fine to have. so you can get something cheaper and less powerful to do the same thing.
  8. Dunlop0078 said:
    mostafa wahead said:
    Dunlop0078 said:
    The 290 will run at whatever resoultion you want it regardless of what monitor you have.


    you mean that there is no thing call overkilling ? i heard alot of answers on the site saying that r9 290 will overkill any 1080@60hz monitors as it has a4 gb vram which requires more than 1080p resolution


    New to english? by overkill he means that you dont need that much but its fine to have. so you can get something cheaper and less powerful to do the same thing.

    thanks and i'm sorry i'm egyptien and i dont know some strange Definitions
  9. mostafa wahead said:
    Dunlop0078 said:
    mostafa wahead said:
    Dunlop0078 said:
    The 290 will run at whatever resoultion you want it regardless of what monitor you have.


    you mean that there is no thing call overkilling ? i heard alot of answers on the site saying that r9 290 will overkill any 1080@60hz monitors as it has a4 gb vram which requires more than 1080p resolution


    New to english? by overkill he means that you dont need that much but its fine to have. so you can get something cheaper and less powerful to do the same thing.

    thanks and i'm sorry i'm egyptien and i dont know some strange Definitions




    No problem.
  10. Considering you have 1080p and 60hz then 770 is enough. Everything else is "too" much. You won't see much difference when you compare 770 and 290 on 1080p. You will notice the difference of 290 when resolution goes up and on dual monitors. Basically, 290 will outperform 770 on those settings. But if you are on 1080p 60hz then 770 is "enough".
  11. I play Watch Dogs with the GTX 770 4 GB version and it pwns that game on ultra 1080p resolution) with mods installed. The r9 290 is a higher end GPU so go with that one for the sake of the other games you play. Definitely get the i7 for Watch Dogs, it is an insanely tense CPU game. You have been warned! LOL
  12. Matthew-san said:
    I play Watch Dogs with the GTX 770 4 GB version and it pwns that game on ultra 1080p resolution) with mods installed. The r9 290 is a higher end GPU so go with that one for the sake of the other games you play. Definitely get the i7 for Watch Dogs, it is an insanely tense CPU game. You have been warned! LOL


    Does watch dogs makes good use of hyper-threading?
  13. I honestly couldn't say because I use an AMD FX processor, the FX-8320 to be precise. It's very possible that it does, since it's so CPU intensive.
  14. The i5 + 290 is a more balanced system got for it. Or if you want to save money get the i5 + 770. A 4770k is overkill for 1080.
  15. For ultra it's recommended to have the i7-4770K so to be safe I'd spend the extra money on the i7.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Core Intel i7 Intel i5 Graphics