Will a I5 4440 work on a Z97 motherboard?

I saw threads that said a 4770k would, but I just wanted to be sure, since I'm not sure this applies to all Haswell CPUs.
Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about 4440 work z97 motherboard
  1. The i5-4440 would work with any Z97 board, but you might need a BIOS update for it. But a i5-4440 with a Z97 motherboard is a terrible pair. The Z97 chipset is meant for overclocking the CPU, but the i5-4440 has a locked multiplier , so you would waste all the OC feature on the motherboard
  2. It will work. all 4th generation haswell chips will work on the new z97 motherboard. 4440 has locked multipliers, meaning it cannot be overlocked. so it would be a bit overkills for a z97 motherboard. a H97 will do just fine, plus you can spend the money you save on other components.
  3. IRONBATMAN said:
    The i5-4440 would work with any Z97 board, but you might need a BIOS update for it. But a i5-4440 with a Z97 motherboard is a terrible pair. The Z97 chipset is meant for overclocking the CPU, but the i5-4440 has a locked multiplier , so you would waste all the OC feature on the motherboard
    I was able to grab two HD 7950s for $280s but only had a B85 Mb which supported Crossfire but its PCIE 3.0 @ 16x + PCIE 2.0 @ 4x. So I need at Mb that wouldn't bottleneck, but would not be a waste of money since it would work with Haswell refresh, and Broadwell. Do you think a Overclocked I5 4690k would last a while (2-3 years)? I am hesitating buying one since Broadwell is rumored to be coming soon.
  4. it will work, plus you have the ability to pop in a broadwell cpu in the future.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards Intel i5