Fx 6300 vs Core i3-4130

Solution
The i3 is going to be a better chip, not only now but in the future. Here are my reasons;
Lower TDP
Upgrades on the 1150 socket... even Broadwell
More program support (really, just look at DayZ AMD vs Intel CPU)
Single-threaded performance
Comparable multi-threaded performance
USB 3.0 (AMD may have this but I have seen evidence of not)
Intel CPU (this may or may not apply to you as a pro)
Easily the most supported processor platform among all the others (LGA 1150) in 2014
Better performance in most cases (unless all cores are very well utilized but in which case the difference is unnoticeable)
Plentiful Models to choose

All around the i3 is the best choice but the FX-6300 is not a terrible card either.

lazergaze

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
The 6300 Is a 6-core CPU, it runs faster but also hotter and requires more power. The I3 is a dual core with Hyper-Threading, basically making it a quad core, it runs cooler and uses less power than the the AMD, It depends on what you have available, if the I3 is cheaper I'd say go for it as it is a great CPU, if the AMD is cheaper then go for that.

Slick2sick

Honorable
Jun 19, 2014
What u guys suggest either got fx 6300 or i3 ... many ppl tell me that i3 is way better than fx 6300 on games that use 1-2 cores and from many graphics iv proved that too :/ i3 is 52% faster than fx 6300 in single threaded performance xD ACTUALLY im playing on games that dont use many cores i mainly play league of legends this game doesn need more than 2 cores but im afraid that i can start playing higher end games like crysis 3 and stuff and idk what is best for me :/

Emil_Meld

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2013
Well, im gonna leave that up to you. If you're so sure that the i3 is better, then whats the question?

Also when you say that you might consider playing other games, how am I supposed to help you with that?

Slick2sick

Honorable
Jun 19, 2014
im looking to buy a future proof processor u know :/ the fx 6300 will do me the job ? Im looking to open 2 games at same time and like chrome with like 10+ tabs open listening to music and like 2-3 other programms open

Emil_Meld

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2013
You will not be able to run two games at a time with that system no matter what CPU you go for. Unless you're talking about flashgames. Also if you are playing why would you want programs open? Unless you are talking about steam..

Slick2sick

Honorable
Jun 19, 2014
yea steam skype and theres another programm :pP and i would like to have for example lets say league of legends when its finding a match i wanna play another game until i find the match :)

Weak1ings

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
The i3 is going to be a better chip, not only now but in the future. Here are my reasons;
Lower TDP
Upgrades on the 1150 socket... even Broadwell
More program support (really, just look at DayZ AMD vs Intel CPU)
Single-threaded performance
Comparable multi-threaded performance
USB 3.0 (AMD may have this but I have seen evidence of not)
Intel CPU (this may or may not apply to you as a pro)
Easily the most supported processor platform among all the others (LGA 1150) in 2014
Better performance in most cases (unless all cores are very well utilized but in which case the difference is unnoticeable)
Plentiful Models to choose

All around the i3 is the best choice but the FX-6300 is not a terrible card either.

Solution