I recently built a system using an Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5. I've managed to get all of the drivers installed...except for the video card. When I try to install the GPU driver (first from the included CD, then from the Nvidia website) I get the error:
NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware
Some of my other components are:
Motherboard: ASRock B85m Pro4
OS: Windows 8.1
More details and some attempts at a solution:
1. As I said above, I tried installing the driver from the included DVD. When this didn't work, I tried using a download from Nvidia for the GTX 760. Same error.
2. The fans run and an LED is lit, so it appears that the GPU is powered.
3. I tried popping the GPU out of the motherboard and plugging it back in again, in case I somehow didn’t get it in the slot all the way. No improvement. (By the way, I am using the PCI Express 3.0 plug on my motherboard)
4. I opened Device Manager. The GPU is not listed, and all the other detected hardware is accounted for. No unknown devices!
5. I've been doing this work with an HDMI cord plugged into my motherboard. If I plug it into my GPU, I get no signal, even though in the UEFI my “primary graphics adapter” is PCI Express.
I’m worried that either my motherboard’s PCI Express 3.0 slot, or my graphics card (gulp) is shot. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting?