FX-8350 Overheating Again!

lukelaw

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
My FX-8350 is overclocked to a small 4.5GHz at 1.425v I was going for as close as I could get to 5GHz but heat got in my way, I have a corsair H110 or *bad word* sake. Temperature should not be a problem!
CoreTemp, HWmonitor, AMD Overdrive and all the others say the coretemp is 33c under P95 which I know is wrong due to AMD's heat calculating method but from SpeedFan I know the CPU is at 64c when it down volts and throttles to 1.4GHz at 0.8v. The TjMax is at 70c so I don't understand why.
Can some tell me what *another bad word* is going on? I've been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks and I'm so annoyed. PLEASE give me expert help, I promise to pick best solution.

Specs:
ASRock Fatal1ty 990fx Killer
AMD FX-8350
Corsair H110 in pull and exhaust
3 120mm intakes. 2 in front, 1 in back
Also 3 hard drives and GTX 660 adding heat to the case

Solution
Those temps are high for 1.425 volts and an h100. I can cool that with a coolmaster evo heatsink. I would first recheck your cooling solution and make sure the pump isn't dying or something. Core temp over 60c isnt good at the socket its okay. If you have all the energy saving stuff off then the chip is throttling to protect itself. You could have your llc set to high for your power supple and its overvolting the chip by a lot.

MkGriff1492

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
Those temps are high for 1.425 volts and an h100. I can cool that with a coolmaster evo heatsink. I would first recheck your cooling solution and make sure the pump isn't dying or something. Core temp over 60c isnt good at the socket its okay. If you have all the energy saving stuff off then the chip is throttling to protect itself. You could have your llc set to high for your power supple and its overvolting the chip by a lot.

Solution