Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AMD VS Intel

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 8, 2014 11:31:59 AM

I am getting my girlfriend a laptop for her birthday. Obviously not a huge gamer, but I am getting her into League of Legends (not graphically demanding) so she will need a laptop that can run it smoothly. Looking to spend under $700, I am slightly brand biased to ASUS and won't buy an ACER. A8/A10 APU's are what I am thinking. Suggestions?

More about : amd intel

a c 143 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
July 8, 2014 11:36:49 AM

I suggest that you should buy her a laptop that fits the majority of her use case instead of the occasional LoL gaming.
m
1
l
July 8, 2014 11:43:29 AM

ksham said:
I suggest that you should buy her a laptop that fits the majority of her use case instead of the occasional LoL gaming.

The majority of her use is skype and typing papers, she is not technically advanced nor does she do a lot on the internet short of social networking

m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a c 173 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
July 8, 2014 11:45:27 AM

Good decision on going with Asus over Acer but most Asus laptops worth purchasing tend to be above the $900 mark.

There are some decent Dell/HP laptops around the $700 mark though. Check Newegg

EDIT: this one here comes to mind. Decent accidental warranty as well

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
July 8, 2014 11:48:37 AM

Pinhedd said:
Good decision on going with Asus over Acer but most Asus laptops worth purchasing tend to be above the $900 mark.

There are some decent Dell/HP laptops around the $700 mark though. Check Newegg

EDIT: this one here comes to mind. Decent accidental warranty as well

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


That is what I have seen, some $500 ASUS but that makes me weary. I guess my concern is an AMD APU or Intel chipset?

m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a c 173 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
July 8, 2014 11:58:15 AM

ewall2550 said:
Pinhedd said:
Good decision on going with Asus over Acer but most Asus laptops worth purchasing tend to be above the $900 mark.

There are some decent Dell/HP laptops around the $700 mark though. Check Newegg

EDIT: this one here comes to mind. Decent accidental warranty as well

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


That is what I have seen, some $500 ASUS but that makes me weary. I guess my concern is an AMD APU or Intel chipset?



Intel's mobile processors are the absolute king of the kill at the high end, especially when paired with a good discrete GPU, but at your price range it's more of a matter of preference.
m
1
l
a b D Laptop
a c 735 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a c 134 À AMD
July 8, 2014 11:59:47 AM

I have the i5 version of this laptop. I occasionally play WoW and Hearthstone on it. It is a bit older, but it would easily handle LoL and has a far better CPU than an A10.

http://www.memorylabs.net/ask515lednoi1.html

m
0
l
!