Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building a new PC

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Intel
  • CPUs
  • Gryphon
  • Build
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • New Build
Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 8, 2014 2:28:05 PM

Hi everyone I'm building a new PC
Following are the specs:
**ASUS H87M-E LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 uATX Intel Motherboard
**Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
**Corsair VS650 - 650 Watt Power Supply
**Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600 Bus (will upgrade to 32gb later)
**Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
**Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
**Asus GTX750-PHOC-1GD5 GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5 128-bit PCI Express 3.0 Video Graphic Card
**Thermaltake V4 Black Edition Gaming Chassis Mid Tower Steel Computer Case Fully Black Powdered Interior VM30001W2Z
**Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer C CLW0222-B LCS Liquid CPU Cooler
**2 case fans
So my question is are they compatible with each other specifically Motherboard, processor and Cpu casing?Anything I'm doing wrong?Or any other suggestion? p.s I live in Pakistan. It will cost me around $700-$900 (Rs.70,000-90,000). So please suggest products in same price range.
EDIT: Will I be able to play upcoming new games like cod advance warfare and gta v on high graphics?
P.s I can play cod mw3 on low graphics on core 2 duo and 8600 gt with 4 gb ram
Thanks in advance :) 

More about : building

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
a c 125 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 8, 2014 2:34:44 PM

Yes, everything will be compatible. However I would replace your i5-4670K with the i5-4670; notice the one I am recommending doesn't have a "K" at the end of it. Your motherboard cannot overclock, and the K edition CPUs are designed for overclocking; hence you're spending more on a processor when you don't need to. Replace the i5-4670K with the i5-4670, and you could save funds there.

Another thing, you don't need watercooling. The CPU is not going to be overclocked, sure the water cooling may keep the CPU at lower temperatures; however the stock Intel heatsink/fan provided will be adequate at cooling. The heatsink/fan included with the processor (if purchasing new) will be satisfactory for cooling the CPU.

As for the mentioned factors above, if you do decide to take my advise you should save funds. You could use that to purchase a better SSD perhaps? Or simply just save the funds and spend it elsewhere in your personal life.

All the best. :) 
Share
July 8, 2014 2:36:11 PM

you will need a bigger PSU. 850W to 1K

apart from that it looks fine
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 8, 2014 2:38:46 PM

If you plan on Overclocking the CPU, get a different motherboard cuz that one won't let you overclock it. Get one of Z87. Also the PSU is really bad. also the SSD is really slow compared to other SSD on the market, but im guessing since its a 60GB SSd ur just going to put the Os on it, which be sufficient. Why are u going to get 32GB of RAM? Other than that it looks good.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 8, 2014 2:43:27 PM

While I agree with obnoxious I have to add this is...drop the psu completely and get a XFX or Seagate psu. They will serve you better. The corsair vs is a completely cheap psu that has been very poorly rated. If you wanted to overclock get a air cooler unless you plan on getting a 240 mm/ 280 mm radiator (I do not know you radiator size off the top of my head) air coolers are actually more efficient vs single radiators. Double radiators are monsters with cooling tho. I wouldn't automatically assume that you may/may not want to overclock, but if you like the looks of it go for it. Just if your trying to save some money. Also I would keep your processor and upgrade your motherboard that way you have the option to overclock of you ever desire too.
m
0
l
July 9, 2014 1:40:45 PM

Obnoxious said:
Yes, everything will be compatible. However I would replace your i5-4670K with the i5-4670; notice the one I am recommending doesn't have a "K" at the end of it. Your motherboard cannot overclock, and the K edition CPUs are designed for overclocking; hence you're spending more on a processor when you don't need to. Replace the i5-4670K with the i5-4670, and you could save funds there.

Another thing, you don't need watercooling. The CPU is not going to be overclocked, sure the water cooling may keep the CPU at lower temperatures; however the stock Intel heatsink/fan provided will be adequate at cooling. The heatsink/fan included with the processor (if purchasing new) will be satisfactory for cooling the CPU.

As for the mentioned factors above, if you do decide to take my advise you should save funds. You could use that to purchase a better SSD perhaps? Or simply just save the funds and spend it elsewhere in your personal life.

All the best. :) 


No I won't be overclocking. ok then I will go for simple 4670. And average temperature in summer in my city is above 40 C. So I thought water cooling system would be better. And my current processor (core 2 duo) crosses 70 C and gpu (8600gt) 80C when I play games for more than 2 hours or so.
So should I still go for stock fan\heat sink?
Thanks for your suggestion :) 
m
0
l
July 9, 2014 2:02:28 PM

M0j0jojo said:
If you plan on Overclocking the CPU, get a different motherboard cuz that one won't let you overclock it. Get one of Z87. Also the PSU is really bad. also the SSD is really slow compared to other SSD on the market, but im guessing since its a 60GB SSd ur just going to put the Os on it, which be sufficient. Why are u going to get 32GB of RAM? Other than that it looks good.


Yes I will only put OS on ssd and I won't be overclocking. And 32gb ram for gaming. Isn't more ram better for gaming? (p.s I don't know much about that)
Thanks for your suggestion :) 
m
0
l
July 9, 2014 2:04:54 PM

ddbtkd456 said:
While I agree with obnoxious I have to add this is...drop the psu completely and get a XFX or Seagate psu. They will serve you better. The corsair vs is a completely cheap psu that has been very poorly rated. If you wanted to overclock get a air cooler unless you plan on getting a 240 mm/ 280 mm radiator (I do not know you radiator size off the top of my head) air coolers are actually more efficient vs single radiators. Double radiators are monsters with cooling tho. I wouldn't automatically assume that you may/may not want to overclock, but if you like the looks of it go for it. Just if your trying to save some money. Also I would keep your processor and upgrade your motherboard that way you have the option to overclock of you ever desire too.


I don't have have money to afford those psu.And I won't be overclocking.
Thanks for your suggestion :) 
m
0
l
July 9, 2014 2:06:56 PM

megaman1051 said:
you will need a bigger PSU. 850W to 1K

apart from that it looks fine


Can you pls suggest any 850w psu in same price range or a little above?
thanks for your suggestion :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2014 4:21:27 AM

Fahad Jawad said:
M0j0jojo said:
If you plan on Overclocking the CPU, get a different motherboard cuz that one won't let you overclock it. Get one of Z87. Also the PSU is really bad. also the SSD is really slow compared to other SSD on the market, but im guessing since its a 60GB SSd ur just going to put the Os on it, which be sufficient. Why are u going to get 32GB of RAM? Other than that it looks good.


Yes I will only put OS on ssd and I won't be overclocking. And 32gb ram for gaming. Isn't more ram better for gaming? (p.s I don't know much about that)
Thanks for your suggestion :) 


32GB of RAM is absolute Overkill, you only need 8GB of RAm for smooth gaming. spend less money on RAM

m
0
l
July 10, 2014 5:56:30 PM

M0j0jojo said:
Fahad Jawad said:
M0j0jojo said:
If you plan on Overclocking the CPU, get a different motherboard cuz that one won't let you overclock it. Get one of Z87. Also the PSU is really bad. also the SSD is really slow compared to other SSD on the market, but im guessing since its a 60GB SSd ur just going to put the Os on it, which be sufficient. Why are u going to get 32GB of RAM? Other than that it looks good.


Yes I will only put OS on ssd and I won't be overclocking. And 32gb ram for gaming. Isn't more ram better for gaming? (p.s I don't know much about that)
Thanks for your suggestion :) 


32GB of RAM is absolute Overkill, you only need 8GB of RAm for smooth gaming. spend less money on RAM



Oh okay thanks
m
0
l
!