which is better i7 4970 or AMD FX-9590?

Solution
Im a AMD fan and i can tell you what is 9590 :
- the best stove for winter gaming ( best for gaming in Siberia; gaming keeps you warm
- a big energy black hole
- the best marshmalows fire camp ( for when you go camping in the wild).
Leaving irony aside 9590 is just a 8350 with factory OC. Actually if you overclock them both the 8350 wil actually go on at higher speed and less consumes.
Now compared to intel its at more or less same level as intel i5 but its simply not in the same league as i7 . Yes compare it to intel EE 4960 and its 20% slower but at great expense in thermals and power consumption. But most pc dont require such huge procesing power .
Go for the 4690k as it can give you the most of most sistems.

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished

I wouldn't go as far as calling it thermal garbage, but he hits the nail on the head performance wise.

deathcall666

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Im a AMD fan and i can tell you what is 9590 :
- the best stove for winter gaming ( best for gaming in Siberia; gaming keeps you warm
- a big energy black hole
- the best marshmalows fire camp ( for when you go camping in the wild).
Leaving irony aside 9590 is just a 8350 with factory OC. Actually if you overclock them both the 8350 wil actually go on at higher speed and less consumes.
Now compared to intel its at more or less same level as intel i5 but its simply not in the same league as i7 . Yes compare it to intel EE 4960 and its 20% slower but at great expense in thermals and power consumption. But most pc dont require such huge procesing power .
Go for the 4690k as it can give you the most of most sistems.

Solution