Solved

What is the best Graphics card fit for my system?

15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card fit system
  1. you can put any of the 7xx series in there the PCIE 3.0 is compatible with your PCIE 2.0. go for the best card you can afford. you may have to look into a power supply upgrade aswell. whats your budget for this upgrade? failing upgrading the PSU go for the 750 Ti. it only requires a 400w power supply so you fall within this. its not the most powerful card but will give you a nice boost
  2. what is your budget?

    and what PSU do you have?
  3. stickmansam said:
    what is your budget?

    and what PSU do you have?


    Psu is 450w as per system info
  4. my budget is around 400-450 bucks and the PSU is 460w. And sorry for not mentioning this but as soon as i bought the computer i got the 650ti, just putting that out there.
  5. with 450W, a 750ti would be quite doable
  6. AUShollowpoint said:
    stickmansam said:
    what is your budget?

    and what PSU do you have?


    Psu is 450w as per system info


    it said 460 on the page, but 10 watts is not that big of a deal
  7. Your PC has 460W. In case you opt for 750Ti, this PSU will work. Otherwise, you would have to change the PSU in case you opt for 700 series GTX cards.

    For your PC, 760/770 would be better choice.
  8. stickmansam said:
    what is your budget?

    and what PSU do you have?


    my budget is around 400-450 bucks and the PSU is 460w. And sorry for not mentioning this but as soon as i bought the computer i got the 650ti, just putting that out there.
  9. if you already have a 650ti, you can jsut spend $50-60 on a good PSU and about $300 on a R9 280x or something
  10. I really recommend you just get a new PC. Tt will be more cost-effective if you just go on ncix and buy a barebones kit, and then just throw in something low-mid end. initially it will cost more, but if you see yourself practicing gaming as a hobby then you will be much more pleased with the decision.

    Or look for budget parts like this and ask around here for advice to make sure you get the right thing.


    http://www.ncix.com/detail/antec-one-mid-tower-gaming-atx-bf-67322-1060.htm

    http://www.ncix.com/detail/xfx-650w-pro650w-core-edition-ab-59616-1060.htm

    http://www.ncix.com/detail/ncix-bundle-deal-asus-z87-a-78-84943-1457.htm (this is a bundle and will save you in the long run, because it's a mobo and a pretty decent CPU)

    http://www.ncix.com/detail/kingston-hyperx-blu-black-series-44-78421-1060.htm


    and as for the GPU, i don't know what you want to play and at what settings, but i'd recommend

    http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-660-superclocked-a9-76220-1060.htm


    If you stuck something in your current PC, you might now have the power supply requirement met or you would be bottlenecked because of a lack of ram or an obsolete motherboard.
    So in the end if you think you're going to be gaming in the future and want to be able to run most game on decent settings, you will want to buy something actually meant for gaming.
  11. wiomn said:
    AUShollowpoint said:
    stickmansam said:
    what is your budget?

    and what PSU do you have?


    Psu is 450w as per system info


    it said 460 on the page, but 10 watts is not that big of a deal


    sorry my typo. i with a 500 budget i would upgrade the psu to a 750w any reputable brand and i would get a 4gb version of the 770
  12. Best answer
    Here is an option for you:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $359.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
  13. EasyLover said:
    Here is an option for you:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $359.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


    will it bottleneck my system, or is this the best possible choice before i buy a new system in 3-4 years?
  14. teh 770 will be fine paired with the i5 3470
  15. wiomn said:
    EasyLover said:
    Here is an option for you:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $359.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


    will it bottleneck my system, or is this the best possible choice before i buy a new system in 3-4 years?


    No bottleneck here. This card will be suffice for your 3-4 years gaming needs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Nvidia