$800 PC Build

Solution
I bought quite some keys from there including Windows and I never had any issues so far but maybe there is a risk since It's not official. Anyways you also have the alternative to get Windows for free using KMS, I think this is important because you're on a strict budget and you should not sacrifice your build for the price of an operating system even if it not might be the right thing to get for cheap/free. You can always legitimately buy it later on when you have more money.

And the GTX 750 Ti is VERY trust worthy, you won't have any problems with it. It's a good graphics card.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

I'd recommend you to buy Windows from a non-certified reseller as they have codes for cheap, this is vital because that way you can focus on spending more for your graphics card. See if you can afford a HD 7870 Ghz edition/ AMD R9 270x graphics card this way and check out G2A for a cheap Windows 8/8.1 code.

If you buy a code from there you only have to download the latest Windows 8.1 non-activated version and put it on a USB-drive, and when you install it on your PC just fill in the code.

kimdan

Reputable
May 16, 2014

frostedtim

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014

Be careful with using non official sources for Windows product keys. You may find a good deal, but you may also be paying for a recycled key that somebody ells is already using.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
I bought quite some keys from there including Windows and I never had any issues so far but maybe there is a risk since It's not official. Anyways you also have the alternative to get Windows for free using KMS, I think this is important because you're on a strict budget and you should not sacrifice your build for the price of an operating system even if it not might be the right thing to get for cheap/free. You can always legitimately buy it later on when you have more money.

And the GTX 750 Ti is VERY trust worthy, you won't have any problems with it. It's a good graphics card.

Solution

Akhil Potukuchi

Honorable
May 28, 2014

Just increase your budget by 30 dollars and get this pc: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hM4ddC

Why??? Because this will last you much longer than that build. Anyways, whats the point of buying fx 8320 and a cooler and a mobo if you can't overclock because of such a small psu???
In my build you have the i5 4670k and an asrock z97 pro4 mobo and a 212 evo and a 650 watt 80+ gold certified psu. Which means you can overclock your pc and still have it running all day stably. And I put in a kingston v300 which costs 30 bucks less than the 840 evo, but performance difference is minimal. And my build has an r9 270x which kills the r7 260x completely. And then why again buy an oem edition OS??? If you want to upgrade your pc all over again in the next two years, then you will again need to buy another OS, as OEM software ties the OS to the mobo manufacturer. Why get it when you can get the retail version for ten bucks more. As I said before, if you can just increase your budget and get this build, you will see a huge performance increase when you compare this to your build. If you cannot increase your budget by even a budget, get atleast this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rgF8bv Though you wouldn't be able to overclock you would still see a huge ( by which I mean enormous ) difference between your build and this.

frostedtim

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
The build is good. You may even find a legit copy of windows from a non authorized source, which will be great. But you are rolling the dice.

I purchased a bad copy of Windows XP years ago from a local vendor, but his source wasnt legit. Microsoft would not validate the key because it was already registered to another user. So this is what you could be risking. The hassle of dealing with MS customer service alone was not worth it.