FX-6300 ; GIGABYTE vs ASUS

rSPECTRUM

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Hello!

I'm looking forward to building my very own PC but I've got some problems. So, this is going to be a gaming pc with FX-6300 and R9 270 (Sapphire probably) and I can't decide on the mobo. From what I've heard Gigabyte and Asus are the best on this business (even though at this price I thnk all the mobos are the same). Maybe I'll do a little overclock when I'll get a good aftermarket cooler if that helps in any way.
The two models I'm looking after are Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 and Asus M5A78L-M/USB3.

Here's the Gigabyte one :
832385.jpg

And here's the Asus one :
90-MIBG70-G0EAY00Z_12_1600x1600.jpg

Now, can you tell me which one to chose and why ? The one from Asus is a little bit more expensive but the one from Gigabyte has a heat sink on the mosfets and a USB 3.0 front pannel connector (which I think is quite usefull 'cause my case in going to be Cooler Master N200) and an IDE connector (quite useless, even if I have an old ODD).

Now, what to choose and why ? I also see that the Gigabyte mobo has an 8-pin connector while the Asus only has 4 pin... which is better ? Oh yeah, and Asus has one more PCI connector which I don't know if I'm ever going to use . And I've also heard that Asus has a better BIOS, true ?

So... which one ?

Btw I'm from Romania so I'm sorry for my broken english :)