Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CPU cooler monted correctly?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 11, 2014 8:29:10 AM

Hello, i am wander and i just builded my first game pc but i am afraid i did not mount the
Cooler correctly do you know? (Gonna upgrade graphics card later) i cleaned the stock thermal paste off with 70% alchol and my temperatures are in the 60 c range when under full load but the system does not stabelize it keeps adding slowly degrees.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Specs :

Cpu: a10 6800k

Video card : hd 7770 GHz edition

Cooler: big shuriken 2 B

Case : coolermasrer force 500

The rest isen't really important
a b U Graphics card
a c 93 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 11, 2014 8:32:08 AM

Haduvokone said:
Hello, i am wander and i just builded my first game pc but i am afraid i did not mount the
Cooler correctly do you know? (Gonna upgrade graphics card later) i cleaned the stock thermal paste off with 70% alchol and my temperatures are in the 60 c range when under full load but the system does not stabelize it keeps adding slowly degrees.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Specs :

Cpu: a10 6800k

Video card : hd 7770 GHz edition

Cooler: big shuriken 2 B

Case : coolermasrer force 500

The rest isen't really important


I had an A10-5800K, and even with my Cooler Master TX3 cooler, it was still showing screwy temperatures. It would hit 102C at 100% load and it would idle at 55C or so, and I definitely had it mounted correctly.

I eventually came to the conclusion that the figures are just screwed up. Ignore them, and feel the heatpipes and the cooler by the socket, and you will see that it is not anywhere near the temps it is reporting.

Great explanation: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2122665/understandin...
m
0
l
July 11, 2014 8:41:40 AM

Thanks for your reply!!!!!!

I already tried that but i am looking in speedfan those temperatures are i think real because they are not from the sensor in my CPU but from my motherboard and when i feel on the Side from the backplate i feel heat.
And when i putted it on i putted it a few times off and on while putting it on because i can't locate where there screw holes where while there was spreaded thermal paste on
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a c 93 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 11, 2014 8:49:10 AM

Haduvokone said:
Thanks for your reply!!!!!!

I already tried that but i am looking in speedfan those temperatures are i think real because they are not from the sensor in my CPU but from my motherboard and when i feel on the Side from the backplate i feel heat


Hmm interesting... I assume you aren't on an overclock?

What if you use HWMonitor? I used that program, and I can help you better if you are looking at that: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Are you talking about the motherboard's CPU socket temp or the motherboard's actual temp?
m
0
l
July 11, 2014 8:52:24 AM

Thanks for the reply and i mean the socket temp and on the cooler i really really feel the heat
I am really afraid of it.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 93 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 11, 2014 9:11:59 AM

Haduvokone said:
Thanks for the reply and i mean the socket temp and on the cooler i really really feel the heat
I am really afraid of it.


If the cooler is really hot, that means the cooler is mounted correctly, and it is successfully dissipating the heat off the CPU. If the CPU is running insanely hot, you can likely get a replacement from AMD or Newegg or whoever you bought it from. That's what i'd do.

I assume you reapplied the thermal paste too?
m
0
l
July 11, 2014 9:24:35 AM

How do you mean reapplied? And thanks for your reply i am really happy someone is helping me
But are my temperatures really hot then?

Thanks!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 93 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 11, 2014 9:44:48 AM

Haduvokone said:
How do you mean reapplied? And thanks for your reply i am really happy someone is helping me
But are my temperatures really hot then?

Thanks!


60C at full load is actually a good temp. A bit high for an after market cooler, but it's good. It shouldn't feel that hot to the touch though, it really should just feel pretty warm. If it is going above 70C, that is when you have an issue.

Did you put thermal paste onto the cooler when you put it back on? I assume you did from the temps, just from your original post it didn't give me the impression of that.
m
0
l
July 11, 2014 9:55:10 AM

Thanks!!!!!!!!
I putted thermal paste on but i couden't get the cooler on so after i pressend it on i took it off
And on and off finale i Gotted some help so we finely getted it on.

Thanks!!!!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 93 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 11, 2014 10:08:10 AM

Haduvokone said:
Thanks!!!!!!!!
I putted thermal paste on but i couden't get the cooler on so after i pressend it on i took it off
And on and off finale i Gotted some help so we finely getted it on.

Thanks!!!!


Cool, so you put the cooler back on? Tell me if your temps are any better.
m
0
l
July 11, 2014 10:20:23 AM

Sorry but that was what i did when i putted it on i diden't put it on again maby i will in the feature.
But i did that when i first putted it on but what i mean maby there are airbubbles because i did one drop
From thermal paste in the middle and the first time i putted it on and then back off and on and one more time on and off whitout appling a new dot is that bad?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 93 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 11, 2014 10:54:38 AM

Haduvokone said:
Sorry but that was what i did when i putted it on i diden't put it on again maby i will in the feature.
But i did that when i first putted it on but what i mean maby there are airbubbles because i did one drop
From thermal paste in the middle and the first time i putted it on and then back off and on and one more time on and off whitout appling a new dot is that bad?


Yeah, that means that there will be airbubbles in it. I have done that before, when I just don't care (like my parent's computer...) but with your own computer definitely reapply it. Given that your heatsink is hot though, the thermal paste is doing a good job transferring the heat already.

60C at load is a good temp. What is your idle?
m
0
l
July 11, 2014 11:22:06 AM

around 35 but when i start up something it gows to 40 or even higer
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a c 93 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 11, 2014 11:47:09 AM

Haduvokone said:
around 35 but when i start up something it gows to 40 or even higer


Actually, those are really good temps. My A10-5800K idled at 55C and at load hit around 80C. 35C is more than acceptable for idle, and 45C is even good for just running background tasks. You have nothing to worry about!
Share
July 11, 2014 11:50:50 AM

But must i install it again because i have some thermal paste over
m
0
l
!