Solved

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Installation - Looking for help

I recently bought an installation disk for windows 7 due to losing everything on my hard drive. Once I got it, I put it in the cd/dvd drive and booted off the disk. I then got a screen with a bar that basically said it was loading windows files,then it went to a screen with windows is now starting. I expected a setup screen, but all I got was a black screen with a cursor. I left it like that overnight,and it's still like that. I hope someone can give me some insight on my situation.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows professional bit installation
  1. You cannot install Windows 7 on an Apple Lisa.

    (please tell us your full system specs, and also how you lost your hard drive; if it was something like a power surge, other parts could have been damaged too)
  2. Onus said:
    You cannot install Windows 7 on an Apple Lisa.

    (please tell us your full system specs, and also how you lost your hard drive; if it was something like a power surge, other parts could have been damaged too)


    Now that you mention that I should list my parts, I should mention this is a store bought laptop,Toshiba L775 Satellite.

    Has a i3 processor, 500GB hard drive, and 4GB of ram.

    Lost all my data while someone was messing with the electrical box.
  3. "Messing with the electrical box?" Power-outage during a disk-write? Can you get into the BIOS for the laptop and reset it to defaults?
  4. Onus said:
    "Messing with the electrical box?" Power-outage during a disk-write? Can you get into the BIOS for the laptop and reset it to defaults?


    Yeah. I am able to get to the bios. I reset it to default.

    I got a Windows is Loading Files screen. It was then proceeded with an encountered problem.

    "Windows Boot Manager"

    "Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer."

    "This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and the restart your computer."

    "If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer."

    "Status: 0xc0000.." And it shut off before I could get all that copied.

    The computer rebooted to a screen looking for a boot device.
  5. Best answer
    Hmmm, it is possible the power problem caused physical damage to the hard drive. You may need to replace the drive.
  6. Onus said:
    Hmmm, it is possible the power problem caused physical damage to the hard drive. You may need to replace the drive.


    Alright, I'll look into getting a new hard drive. But the thing is, I bought the copy of Windows 7, and the site listed it not being OEM, and it might be OEM, I can provide a link once I find the site and product if need be, but I will look into it to check whether or not it is OEM. If it is, I am going to be in a sticky situation since money is an issue currently.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Windows 7 Hard Drives