i5 4670 3.4GHz or i5 4690S 3.2GHz?

rapiergv

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Hello, as stated in the title, the store I'm buying pc parts from has the i5 4670 3.4GHz and i5 4690S 3.2GHz at identical prices. AFAIK the 4690S is a newer version than the 4670. Which one should I get? The store doesn't have a 4690 (simple, without the S). I also don't plan on overclocking, but the store has an i5 4670K 3.4GHz and an i5 4690K 3.5GHz that are within my budget limit.

Which one should I get?

Thank you!

Solution
okay ill offer you bit more than xproyect both processors are good and they are both the same kind of, although the 4670 is just 4th generation i5 processor with no prefix these prefixes have a meaning

K - unlocked
R - Desktop processor based on BGA1364 (mobile) package with high performance graphics
S - Performance-optimized lifestyle
T - Power-optimized lifestyle

so if i was you i have intentions to overclock go for k sereis if you are worried about power and stuff like that the T is the way to go
the is S is more like sport mode for processors doesnt mean its the best but its optimized better than non-prefixed processors never forget that the 4690 is devil canyon which is haswell refresh better thermal interface doesnt get high...

Alee Haleem

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
okay ill offer you bit more than xproyect both processors are good and they are both the same kind of, although the 4670 is just 4th generation i5 processor with no prefix these prefixes have a meaning

K - unlocked
R - Desktop processor based on BGA1364 (mobile) package with high performance graphics
S - Performance-optimized lifestyle
T - Power-optimized lifestyle

so if i was you i have intentions to overclock go for k sereis if you are worried about power and stuff like that the T is the way to go
the is S is more like sport mode for processors doesnt mean its the best but its optimized better than non-prefixed processors never forget that the 4690 is devil canyon which is haswell refresh better thermal interface doesnt get high temperatures my advice is to save the money and go for intel i5 4690k to save yourself from future processor change

Solution