780 ti, what brand?

Thomas88

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
hello, im looking in to getting 780ti but there are allot of brands out there. im not sure what one to get!

my budget is around $700 and maybe $800 if I fall in love with a card :)

PSU- corsair gs800
MB- Maximus 6 hero
case- rosewill armor evo

in the mail:
CPU- Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
CPU- cooler: ZALMAN Reserator 3 MAX (the single one)
a cheap dvd-cd drive
an extra cpu fan
some case fan splitters

planning on getting:
SSD for OS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
HDD x4 in RAID 10 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAM- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226507

my question is what brand of the 780 ti should I be looking at getting? this will be a gaming pc and ill be OC the cpu,ram,gpu. maybe in the future when my system needs it ill do some SLI with a 2ed card.

ive checked out the forum here and came across http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2212229/graphics-cards-money-january-2012.html but im looking to spend some cash for a, not top of the line but maybe a lvl below that.

thank you for reading my post.

trawetSluaP

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2013
I'd avoid the Gigabyte GHz Edition. Plenty of people have had issues with the card not running at stock clocks.

Asus are good although the VRM gets very hot. EVGA make a good 780 Ti, although the ACX Cooler, in my opinion is crap. Finally, the MSI Gaming 780 Ti gets a lot of good mentions and would ultimately be the one I recommend.

zqa20

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
ultimately, they will all run pretty much the same, it all depends on how lucky you are with overclocking it terms of overall performance i'd go with MSI BUT EVGA offers a 90 day step up programe to protect your investment so if your worried that the 800 series is gona come out within 90 days i'd go with EVGA.

Thomas88

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

so the 880 should be coming out by the end of this year? that's not to far off.......

also some one on the net said "gtx 780 6gb beats the gtx ti so the ti is not worth the extra cost" what you think?

Colin Hollenback

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2014

Really? There isn't a game that won't support SLI, it just might not be able to use it to it's full power, AND an SLI is cheaper and MUCH more powerful.

trawetSluaP

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2013

The power will depend on the card, but it also produces more heat, more noise and draws more power. Plus if you use a single card you don't have to contend with any dual card issues (if they happen).

Kinda true, but even using air, they can achieve quite good clock speeds, I thin what you mean is that to get the card's true potential, you will need LN2.

but the evga classified, inno3d dhs i chill , KFA HOF are all good cards if you only want to get the best out of the box performance

Thomas88

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
LN2=Liquid nitrogen? o_O wtf ...had no idea... maybe in my next build but for now ill use air for gpu and liquid for cpu. case doesn't support liquid cables going out of it. looked at getting an internal over head liquid cooler but doesn't fit. and if I had, I already bought a back of the case liquid cooler for the cpu only... maybe my next build in a couple years ill look into LN2 and external liquid cooling.

so that's two for MSI

Ln2 is for people who compete to try to get best/highest overclocks and are for experts on liquid cooling, , you can try to get liquid in the future but the best 780 Ti for just air, would be the EVGA Classified ACX, or the Inno3d Ichill DHS edition, both retail at around 600 pounds, but don't get the windofrce, it has problems with it whining and stuff. If you cannot afford to get the 2 cards I listed, you can get the Zotac one, or the gainward, or the KFA HOF one

Thomas88

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

im look on the net and the EVGA has better clock speeds than the MSI along with DX 12,, hummz the EVGA is about the same as the GIGABYTE other than NAVGA has DX 12.. hummm

yes, but the gigabyrte has had problems in the past with this model. search it on google :)

trawetSluaP

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2013
I had no end of problems with EVGA's ACX Cooler, from it not working properly, to rattling and humming noises, fans not spinning up, etc. If you go EVGA, I'd steer clear of the ACX and go with a reference model (the reference coolers are surprisingly good).

As Legend says, avoid the Gigabyte GHz edition. People have had problems with stability at stock clocks and have had to downclock the clocks to make it stable!

Thomas88

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Thank all of you, i now have a grater knowlage if what brand i will be geting . The NVGA has good clock spead , some problems will its cooler but thats a chance ill take . Pluss it has that 90 day upgrade thing where if the 880 comes out ...

It'll be longer than 90 days before EVGA release their own 880 :') But if you are only getting the EVGA superclocked ACX, then you could save up and upgrade to the Classified :)