I have a YouTube channel that recently hit 100 Subscribers and is growing decently fast, a few subs per day, so by 2015 hopefully I plan to upgrade my current rig to make better content, and hopefully be able to get my hands on a higher res monitor to have 1440P+ uploads. Anyway, my current build allows me to upload videos just fine, 1080P at 30 FPS is very possible in all games I play, but that's not good enough. I want my content to stick out, and not through being misleading or anything like that, but by legitimately being better quality than other people's content. So, with my decent knowledge of computer hardware (I built my current rig, it's a custom PC) I assembled a parts list on PCPartPicker. I don't know if something better could be made, so I chose to ask over on the forum to find out. There are certain things I require in a PC, which I will list now:
1. Air cooling for the CPU. Until radiators are as quiet as Noctua air coolers, I'm sticking with air cooling. My current build is whisper quiet and I plan to keep the next one like that as well.
2. At least 2TB of storage for videos, games, and other things like pics and programs. I included 3 since I have a single terabyte in my current rig that filled up halfway in a few months.
3. At least 256GB of SSD storage, I want to record with DXtory at 60 FPS and standard HDD's won't cut it. YouTUbe is going to support 60FPS soon, and when I edit videos, 60 Frames reduced to 30 looks smoother.
4. Preferably AMD GPU, I've had bad experiences with Nvidia, and AMD is cheaper anyway for equal or better performance. Power consumption and heat I don't care about, since the power bill will be affected by a few bucks per month (if that) and I live in a cold area, so the heat could actually be kind of useful lol. If there's a better Nvidia offering, I'm all ears, though.
5. I chose Windows Pro since I might upgrade RAM in the future past 16GB, I hate Windows 8.1, and I might end up using Data/File Encryption included in Pro to keep things safe