Solved

3D Rendering/modelling/animation computer approx $800

Hey guys, I'm not exactly a computer hardware expert and I want to build a custom pc because of the added ability to specify the parts I need for my projects.
So overall I basically want to ability to have fast 3D renders, no lag with animation and modelling. The program's I will be using will be Autodesk Maya, Zbrush, and also Adobe program's such as Photoshop, after effects etc. All the ram eating program's.
I would recommend 8-16 gig ram and possibly 1tb hard drive.
I've read around and heard that an SSD will greatly improve performance so I guess if it's beneficial you guys can help me out.
Could you guys make a list of hardware around this price range so I can get a finalised outcome?
Thanks guys!
THINGS I DO NOT NEED;
-OS
-Monitor
-Keyboard/mouse
-Speakers

P.s I also found this on ebay and it seemed like a pretty good deal. What do you guys think??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AMD-Quad-Core-A8-6600K-3-9GHz-4-2Ghz-Gaming-Computer-8GB-Ram-1TB-HD-Desktop-PC-/121367328911?pt=AU_comp_dekstop&hash=item1c420e788f&_uhb=1
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about rendering modelling animation computer approx 800
  1. edit : AUD, not USD :(
    you can get i5 at that budget

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($205.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($113.00 @ CPL Online)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($179.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.00 @ CPL Online)
    Power Supply: Enermax 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($85.00 @ CPL Online)
    Total: $802.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
  2. for 800$ you need every thing i mean monitor ,case,os ,keyboard,mouse etc or just the parts inside the case ?
    PROCESSOR...Intel Core i7-4770K = 320$
    MOTHERBOARD.. msi Z87-G41 PC MATE=80$
    GPU..Gigabyte R9 270X =200$
    RAM..Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz = 145$
    PSU..XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold = 75$

    TOTAL = 820 $
  3. Oh sorry ill edit that in.
    Things i dont need;
    -OS
    -Monitor
    -Keyboard/mouse
    -Speakers
  4. AMD Radeon said:
    edit : AUD, not USD :(
    you can get i5 at that budget

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($205.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($113.00 @ CPL Online)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($179.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.00 @ CPL Online)
    Power Supply: Enermax 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($85.00 @ CPL Online)
    Total: $802.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


    is there much of a budget between i5 and i7 when it comes to rendering etc?
  5. i5 is sufficient for gaming but for animation & rendering its best to choose an i7..
  6. if you want an i7, you can
    the gpu isnt important
    later you can buy another 2x 4GB ram for total 16GB
    and GTX 750 ti. later

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.00 @ CPL Online)
    Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($113.00 @ CPL Online)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
    Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.00 @ CPL Online)
    Power Supply: Enermax 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($85.00 @ CPL Online)
    Total: $757.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
  7. AMD Radeon said:
    if you want an i7, you can
    the gpu isnt important
    later you can buy another 2x 4GB ram for total 16GB
    and GTX 750 ti. later

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.00 @ CPL Online)
    Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($113.00 @ CPL Online)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
    Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.00 @ CPL Online)
    Power Supply: Enermax 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($85.00 @ CPL Online)
    Total: $757.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


    After reading around doesn't the computer need a graphics card as a necessity???
    Also shouldn't it have some kind of cooling system?
    i also changed the Ram to a single 8 gig stick, it was a cheaper alternative; http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/Cbg3gs
  8. yes for overclocking you o need a cooling system coolermaster hyper 212 evo will be the best bang for buck...and yes for animation u do need a good to moderate gfx card u can use the 8 gb stick and you may upgrade it later or you may face a shortage of memory ....
  9. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($174.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($139.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill Galaxy-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $809.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    What about this one ?
    Has got a big SSD
    Also 16GB of ram
    and for modelling the FX-8350 will be equal to an I7 and added a cooler for overclocking to give more performance in modelling and the GPU is Nvidia for applications that will us Nvidia CUDA (and you can learn to overclock)
  10. For rendering/encoding/animating/3D modeling... You should take FX-8350. It has 8 cores, so it's better for things like this. For gaming i5 is better.
  11. ahmedkhalifa1999 said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($174.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ Micro Center)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($139.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill Galaxy-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $809.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    What about this one ?
    Has got a big SSD
    Also 16GB of ram
    and for modelling the FX-8350 will be equal to an I7 and added a cooler for overclocking to give more performance in modelling and the GPU is Nvidia for applications that will us Nvidia CUDA (and you can learn to overclock)


    This setup seems pretty solid to me. a 4.0 ghz sounds like a good alternative to an i7!
    its even got all the added cooling and an SSD. just a question, is it 4.0 with or without the over clock? im not quiet understanding of the whole concept of SSD's.

    one more thing, if i threw in about another 50$ or so, what would be the immediate upgrade that would benefit me the most?
  12. actually it may have 8 cores but single core performance is much much higher in i5,i7 than 8350...but yes for rendering 8350 is good and cheap..
  13. SimonHaidar said:
    AMD Radeon said:
    edit : AUD, not USD :(
    you can get i5 at that budget

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($205.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Motherboard: MSI H97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($113.00 @ CPL Online)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($67.00 @ CPL Online)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($179.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.00 @ CPL Online)
    Power Supply: Enermax 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($85.00 @ CPL Online)
    Total: $802.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


    is there much of a budget between i5 and i7 when it comes to rendering etc?


    Rendering in autodesk doesn't take advantage of multiple cores, so an i5 would be a good pick. Also the Nvidia GTX 760 is one of the best budget GPUs to render with. Autodesk is also a single threaded program so you want to use either an i5 or an i7.

    Not too familiar with Zbrush, but apparently it does take advantage of multiple cores, so if you can fit an i7 in the budget, go for it.

    For photoshop the GPU doesn't matter much, however the GPU plays a big role in autodesk and it should in Zbrush as well.
  14. the FX-8350 id equal to an I7 exactly because it has got 8-cores but with 4 ALPUs not weak cores (AMD marketing trick) so. the FX-8350 has got more computing power than the I5 and the same Processing power (for animation and modelling you need computing power but for physics you need processing power), the only disadvantage of the FX-8350 is its high power consumption.
    The reason behind bad single core performance is its cache (it has got one cache with 1/4 speed for each ALPU while the I5 has got one cache with full speed shared between all cores)
  15. Ahmed Khalifa, so with that setup do you think it is reasonable graphics and everything else for gaming as well as rendering? I read around and it said that the GTX 660 was better than the GTX 750.
    Also the FX 8350 is apparently better than the FX-93XX series. What do you think of this??? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AMD-Quad-Core-A8-6600K-3-9GHz-4-2Ghz-Gaming-Computer-8GB-Ram-1TB-HD-Desktop-PC-/121367328911?pt=AU_comp_dekstop&hash=item1c420e788f&_uhb=1
  16. no, it is too expensive for what is inside and won't be very good for modelling and the 4.0GHz is without overclock
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Systems