Solved

Win 7 32bit or 64bit?

I am bit confused if i am going to use Win 7 32bit or 64bit OS. Before I tell you my question here is the specs of my "LAPTOP"

Processor : Intel Celeron P4600 2Ghz
RAM : 6Gb DDR3 (forgot the brand)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (Dedicated Video memory 128 MB, Shared System Memory 1632 MB)

I am currently playing a game. (GTA San Andreas, Need for Speed Most Wanted) They run on my Laptop on Medium Settings. My question is:

1. If I am going to use 32 Bit OS, (of course win7 will only use like 3.x gb of RAM) and play a game, that remaining RAM/unusable RAM will be using by my Graphics Card? or should I use 64 bit (win 7 will use 5.x GB RAM) so all memory are usable?.

2. And if I use 32bit Win 7 my game will perform faster than if I am using a 64bit?

Thank you for your replies.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about win 32bit 64bit
  1. Unless there is a specific bit of software that requires a 32bit OS, go with 64bit.
    And games are not in that category. Go with 64bit.
  2. 64bit in general will perform faster, and the HD graphics only uses about 500mb or less of system RAM.

    If you need to play a game that requires 32 bit OS, just use windows compatibility mode.
  3. Best answer
    Emmanuel Dedel said:
    I am bit confused if i am going to use Win 7 32bit or 64bit OS.

    64-bit.


    Emmanuel Dedel said:
    1. If I am going to use 32 Bit OS, (of course win7 will only use like 3.x gb of RAM) and play a game, that remaining RAM/unusable RAM will be using by my Graphics Card?

    No. Graphics Card has their own memory internally.


    Emmanuel Dedel said:
    or should I use 64 bit (win 7 will use 5.x GB RAM) so all memory are usable?.

    Yes; install 64-bit.


    Emmanuel Dedel said:
    2. And if I use 32bit Win 7 my game will perform faster than if I am using a 64bit?

    Depends. If your RAM is used up, then yes; it will affect performance. If not, then there's no difference. But your other programs are using RAM.
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM Intel Windows 7 Graphics