Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can i put my old optical drive in my new PC?

Last response: in Components
Share
July 13, 2014 10:19:25 AM

Hey guys so my new PC is on the way and it will arrive within a few days,but i didnt buy a new optical drive,since i have one in my current/old PC i thought i could just put it in my new PC.
Here is the name of the optical drive :
- TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA Device
My new PC motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P,and my PC case is the CoolerMaster N300
I need help!

More about : put optical drive

a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 10:43:06 AM

Stylo_432 said:
Hey guys so my new PC is on the way and it will arrive within a few days,but i didnt buy a new optical drive,since i have one in my current/old PC i thought i could just put it in my new PC.
Here is the name of the optical drive :
- TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA Device
My new PC motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P,and my PC case is the CoolerMaster N300
I need help!


Don't know if that mobo supports ide drives. If not you can purchase a cheapy for about $12
m
0
l
a c 1314 V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 10:52:00 AM

Get a new Sata derive they are super cheap , that drive is outdated.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $14.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


or


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $14.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
m
0
l
Related resources
July 13, 2014 11:03:24 AM

Can i put this one or not guys?
m
0
l
a c 1314 V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 11:17:16 AM

My bad I looked up the wrong drive , yes you can it's a sata drive. :D 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 11:18:11 AM

Stylo_432 said:
Can i put this one or not guys?


As I said, I doubt that mobo would have any ide ports as those are well outdated. Just buy any cheap SATA dvd writer
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 1314 V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 11:19:59 AM

Yes you can use it!!!!

It's a Sata drive perfectly fine.
Share
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 11:22:17 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
My bad I looked up the wrong drive , yes you can it's a sata drive. :D 


But it says ATA device
m
0
l
a c 1314 V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 11:29:20 AM

Your fine it can be used.

Model

Brand
SAMSUNG


Type
DVD Burner

Model
SH-S223B

Performance

Cache
2MB

WRITE Speed

DVD+R
22X

DVD+RW
8X

READ Speed

DVD-ROM
16X

CD-ROM
48X

Physical Spec

Form Factor
5.25"

Panel Color
Black

Configuration

Load Type
Tray

Interface
SATA
:D 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 11:33:10 AM

Oh, then it's fine
m
0
l
July 13, 2014 11:37:00 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Yes you can use it!!!!

It's a Sata drive perfectly fine.


Thanks man :D 
m
0
l
a c 1314 V Motherboard
July 13, 2014 11:39:48 AM

Your welcome.
m
1
l
!