850$ Gaming Build, help me out? :D

Gamer222

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Approximate Purchase Date: Gonna purchase it this week

Budget Range: 850$ / 600 Jod

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies, etc..

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.citycenter.jo / If parts arent in-stock, just include them as there are few shops around here.

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU preferably

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I have previously made a quick build, i think you guys can do probably a better one. Please include the reasons why i should have certain parts instead of others. Thanks!

Solution
Here ya go
This build will be able to run nearly any modern game on ultra settings @60fps with a couple exeptions, things like Crysis and BF4 will run at about 45-60fps, but still very well.
The CPU + GPU combo will work well for the next few years
The PSU is a high quality XFX PSU, I use these myself, it also leaves room for adding higher powered components in future.
Motherboard is a standard non OC mobo with all the regular features, SATA 3, USB 3.0, etc
CPU cooler is a very popular, quiet, high performance cooler and can overclock if you wish (but you will want an OC mobo)
Large SSD to act as a boot drive and store all of your most used files and games.
Large HDD for storing anything else, high performance 7200rpm WD black, very...

moozilbee

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Here ya go
This build will be able to run nearly any modern game on ultra settings @60fps with a couple exeptions, things like Crysis and BF4 will run at about 45-60fps, but still very well.
The CPU + GPU combo will work well for the next few years
The PSU is a high quality XFX PSU, I use these myself, it also leaves room for adding higher powered components in future.
Motherboard is a standard non OC mobo with all the regular features, SATA 3, USB 3.0, etc
CPU cooler is a very popular, quiet, high performance cooler and can overclock if you wish (but you will want an OC mobo)
Large SSD to act as a boot drive and store all of your most used files and games.
Large HDD for storing anything else, high performance 7200rpm WD black, very popular and reliable.
Memory from the well known Corsair brand, 8gb is more than enough for any games.
The case is a good quality Corsair case with space for up to 6 fans, comes with 2, provides good airflow, front panel USB 3.0 ports, etc
The optical drive is... an optical drive

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock B85 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($73.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 280 3GB TurboDuo Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($58.72 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $847.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Solution

Gamer222

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014

I never really tried Powercolor, will the GPU be high quality? Will a Nvidia card be better?
Also, the power supply, wouldn't a Corsair CXM600 be better than the current one?
How much fps do you reckon it could get on Minecraft, CS etc? Is it good for multi-tasking too?

moozilbee

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
The R9 280 is inbetween a GTX 760 and a GTX 770, but costs a fair bit less than the 760 and performs better, so no, for that price range ($200 ish), AMD is your better option. As for the quality of the powercolour card, I have had one powercolour GPU before, but that was a while ago, I'm not sure about their current product/support quality. You can look at some reviews of Powercolor online and see if you want to buy it, if you don't an MSI card is available for about $10 more, so you can just go with that if you want.
The XFX power supply is a better choice because XFX tend to make better quality PSUs than Corsair, the corsair CX series uses cheap chinese capacitors of worse quality, and the XFX provides more than enough wattage.
I have a very similar PC but with a slightly worse GPU and CPU, and I get about 150-300fps on CS GO at all times, so you would be looking at about 200-300, and on Minecraft I believe you would get around 150-250. Basically you're going to be gettin more FPS than most monitors can show, so nearly any games will be incredibly smooth.
It would be very good for multi tasking due to the powerful quad core Intel I5 CPU.
This PC would be very good for any of the tasks you want it to perform for years to come, but you might see some framerate drops in something like Crysis, but very little. Like I said I have a worse PC and most of the time I get about 40-50fps on Crysis 2 so you would be looking at about 50-60fps, which is still very high.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!