Solved

Internet speed really slow

My internet speed on my pc suddenly became really slow, but on my tablet and phone it is normal, like always. What can i do to get normal internet speed again? Also i didn't downloaded anything before this happened, all i did was to play some games.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about internet speed slow
  1. Are your devices wires or wireless? ar eyou running any firewall/antivirus software.
  2. Urumiko said:
    Are your devices wires or wireless? ar eyou running any firewall/antivirus software.


    It is wireless and how do i check if any antivirus or firewall is running?
  3. Best answer
    You would have installed it, things like norton, kaspersky, mcafee etc?
    The quickest way to test for software issues is to load windows in safe mode with networking (press "f8" during start-up", and see if it's still slow.

    It's possible there could be a wireless issue.
    You may wish to try connecting the PC to the router via ethernet cable to see if this eliminates the issue. If it does then we know we can focus on the wifi.

    If yu are unable to try this you may wish to try logging on to your router management web page and try changing the wireless channel.
  4. Dark impulser said:
    Urumiko said:
    Are your devices wires or wireless? ar eyou running any firewall/antivirus software.


    It is wireless and how do i check if any antivirus or firewall is running?


    One tip for faster internet speed is to use a wired Ethernet connection to your router. Wireless, depending on the standard, can only go so fast. It also has to go through walls, interferance, and share the channels with other wireless devices such as your phone and tablet.

    If you were to run a wired ethernet cable to your PC, it would then have its own dedicated channel for all of its communications. Much faster bandwidth and is essential if you are looking to squeeze the most out of your internet speed.
  5. Urumiko said:
    You would have installed it, things like norton, kaspersky, mcafee etc?
    The quickest way to test for software issues is to load windows in safe mode with networking (press "f8" during start-up", and see if it's still slow.

    It's possible there could be a wireless issue.
    You may wish to try connecting the PC to the router via ethernet cable to see if this eliminates the issue. If it does then we know we can focus on the wifi.

    If yu are unable to try this you may wish to try logging on to your router management web page and try changing the wireless channel.


    Thank you. I unabled kaspersky and it worked
  6. ok. Kaspersky tends not to be too bad, you may wish to try disabling different elements of kaspersky rather than your entire protection, for example the web browser plugin, or the firewall part. You also could try a free alternative so you have some protection still, comodo firewall for example, or avg free.
Ask a new question

Read More

Networking Speed Internet