Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My Budget Gaming PC(need PSU help)

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
July 14, 2014 1:16:37 AM

hey everyone,

I've been thinking about making a budget gaming PC and the problem is that with all my components is the PSU is good enough for my specs ?



Motherboard :
MSI Z97-G55 SLI
-----------
CPU:
i5-4670K
-----------
Graphic Card :
GTX 750ti OC
-----------
Storage :
1 HDD :WD 1TB blue
----------
RAM:
ACTION 8 GB DDR3-2133MHz Kingston Beast XMP 2x4GB
----------------------------------------------
PSU(Power Supply Unit) :

CX600M <--- is it enough for my budget build(920USD) ? or i need more watts ?


I also need another suggestion for none sli micro-ATX motherboard ,,

thanks,

More about : budget gaming psu

a b 4 Gaming
a c 133 ) Power supply
July 14, 2014 1:24:38 AM

The Corsair CX600M is fine but because it is built for low-end office computers and not high-performance builds, its capacitors are rather poor especially if you are overclocking. I recommend a XFX TS 550W..

You will need an aftermarket CPU cooler to overclock that i5.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2014 1:26:03 AM

Dude its more then enough go with the XFX 550W don't go Corsair.
Could you tell us your budget maybe we could make you a better build ?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
July 14, 2014 1:27:24 AM

ksham gave you a good advice on the PSU, but I'd like to give you an advice on the build. Since it is for gaming you'd be better with a cheaper CPU (i5 4460), thus cheaper mobo. The money that you will save from the CPU and MB use it to buy better GPU
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 1:33:09 AM

Foldalot said:
ksham gave you a good advice on the PSU, but I'd like to give you an advice on the build. Since it is for gaming you'd be better with a cheaper CPU (i5 4460), thus cheaper mobo. The money that you will save from the CPU and MB use it to buy better GPU


is i5 4460 is good for me ? im not willing to overclock the CPU..
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2014 1:33:55 AM

Scarlogz said:
Foldalot said:
ksham gave you a good advice on the PSU, but I'd like to give you an advice on the build. Since it is for gaming you'd be better with a cheaper CPU (i5 4460), thus cheaper mobo. The money that you will save from the CPU and MB use it to buy better GPU


is i5 4460 is good for me ? im not willing to overclock the CPU..


then get the 4670 non (K)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
July 14, 2014 1:35:26 AM

Scarlogz said:
Foldalot said:
ksham gave you a good advice on the PSU, but I'd like to give you an advice on the build. Since it is for gaming you'd be better with a cheaper CPU (i5 4460), thus cheaper mobo. The money that you will save from the CPU and MB use it to buy better GPU


is i5 4460 is good for me ? im not willing to overclock the CPU..


Yes, it's good enough
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 133 ) Power supply
July 14, 2014 1:37:44 AM

Please keep in mind that there are no H87 or H97 motherboards that support SLI. So @Scarlogz, if you plan on SLI in the future, you'll want a Z87 or Z97 motherboard. But with that, you may as well get an overclocking CPU in case you need it in the future to offset any possible bottlenecks your CPU may cause to the graphics cards.
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 1:39:57 AM

ksham said:
Please keep in mind that there are no H87 or H97 motherboards that support SLI. So @Scarlogz, if you plan on SLI in the future, you'll want a Z87 or Z97 motherboard. But with that, you may as well get an overclocking CPU in case you need it in the future to offset any possible bottlenecks your CPU may cause to the graphics cards.


let's say I dont need SLI either,, any recommendations for another motherboard with LGA 1150 socket

thanks,
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 1:43:41 AM

joker50060 said:
Dude its more then enough go with the XFX 550W don't go Corsair.
Could you tell us your budget maybe we could make you a better build ?


the website gear-up.me doesnt have XFX 550W >< I'm not buying from amazon
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2014 1:46:16 AM
Share
a b 4 Gaming
a c 133 ) Power supply
July 14, 2014 7:35:13 AM

Scarlogz said:
let's say I dont need SLI either,, any recommendations for another motherboard with LGA 1150 socket

Which CPU are you buying?
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 9:01:24 AM

ksham said:
Scarlogz said:
let's say I dont need SLI either,, any recommendations for another motherboard with LGA 1150 socket

Which CPU are you buying?


Motherboard :
ASUS B85-PLUS B85
-----------
CPU:
i5-4670K
-----------
Graphic Card :
GTX 750ti OC
-----------
Storage :
1 HDD :WD 1TB blue
----------
RAM:
ACTION 8 GB DDR3-2133MHz Kingston Beast XMP 2x4GB
--------
PSU(Power Supply Unit) :

CX600M

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gona buy that CPU and I want to know about the new motherboard pick, any good suggestions? for the motherboard or this one is just fine?

btw, I picked CX600M for cable management and expecting SSD future upgrade..
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 133 ) Power supply
July 14, 2014 9:08:55 AM

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 12:36:41 PM

I Personally use that EXACT PSU with my build:
i5-4670k
MSi z97-g45
Gtx 760 OC
Samsung 840 EVo- 120GB
WD blue-1TB
CX600M

I play games like watch dogs and world of tanks on that psu, and it has never crapped out on me yet, it is quiet, and i ran furmark on my gpu to stress both the PSU and the GPU and i am glad to say that it still works perfectly, it is a PERFECT for a budget build, mine was $1270, and it suits my needs, however, if you ever plan to SLI with a video card, you will need a more powerful PSU because this one only offers one PCI power connector.
m
0
l
!