Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

which laptop is better for gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 14, 2014 11:13:01 AM

lenovo z 510
i7 4702mq/8gb ram/gt740m 2gb (ddr3)
and
lenovo z50
i5 4200u /8gb ram/gt840m 4gb(ddr3)
please help me out which one is better for gaming??

More about : laptop gaming

a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2014 11:17:31 AM

The z510 for the sake of i7.
m
0
l

Best solution

July 14, 2014 11:20:00 AM

Z50 for the sake of GPU
Share
Related resources
July 14, 2014 11:23:19 AM

thats the confusion i should go for better GPU or better CPU??
plz suggest
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:23:35 AM

Z50 for the sake of GPU which is much more important in gaming.
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:24:20 AM

GPU dude GPU the I5 is just fine you won't really need an I7 but you need the better GPU
m
1
l
July 14, 2014 11:25:24 AM

thanks

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2014 11:25:39 AM

The GPU has 2 more GB. Not that i5 would do any too much worse than i7 anyways.
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:27:27 AM

joker50060 said:
GPU dude GPU the I5 is just fine you won't really need an I7 but you need the better GPU

so the i7 4core and i5 2core dnt matter ??
in terms of gaming
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:29:49 AM

sumit3322 said:
joker50060 said:
GPU dude GPU the I5 is just fine you won't really need an I7 but you need the better GPU

so the i7 4core and i5 2core dnt matter ??
in terms of gaming


You won't notice the difference in gaming the lead role in gaming is the GPU which means = Better GPU Better gaming :)  plus there isn't much difference between these two CPUs
m
1
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2014 11:29:54 AM

Does. But not that much, since i7's has 4 core base. And the i7 bottlenecks the GPU.
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:37:15 AM

sumit3322 said:
so the i7 4core and i5 2core dnt matter ??
in terms of gaming


Uh go with the I7 and the 740m there will be like a 1 to 5fps difference from the 840M but ya go with the better processor
as this I5 is only 1.6Ghz which sucks and is dual core which also sucks
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:42:05 AM

joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
so the i7 4core and i5 2core dnt matter ??
in terms of gaming


Uh go with the I7 and the 740m there will be like a 1 to 5fps difference from the 840M but ya go with the better processor
as this I5 is only 1.6Ghz which sucks and is dual core which also sucks


but early u r saying that gpu is more important than cpu???
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:44:31 AM

i5 (2 core ) - 1.6 to 2.4 with 840m (1,029 MHz)
i7 (4 core) - 2.2 to 3.2 with 740m (810 MHz)

which is better for gaming ????
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:48:21 AM

sumit3322 said:
i5 (2 core ) - 1.6 to 2.4 with 840m (1,029 MHz)
i7 (4 core) - 2.2 to 3.2 with 740m (810 MHz)

which is better for gaming ????


Just go with the I7 i wouldn't recommend getting a 1.6Ghz CPU EVER even my 2007 build has a 2.4Ghz Cpu not a 1. something
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:52:11 AM

joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
i5 (2 core ) - 1.6 to 2.4 with 840m (1,029 MHz)
i7 (4 core) - 2.2 to 3.2 with 740m (810 MHz)

which is better for gaming ????


Just go with the I7 i wouldn't recommend getting a 1.6Ghz CPU EVER even my 2007 build has a 2.4Ghz Cpu not a 1. something

yes u r right
so the i7 3.2ghz with 740m 2gb give me better performance than i5 2.4 ghz with 840m 4 gb??
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 11:53:44 AM

sumit3322 said:
joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
i5 (2 core ) - 1.6 to 2.4 with 840m (1,029 MHz)
i7 (4 core) - 2.2 to 3.2 with 740m (810 MHz)

which is better for gaming ????


Just go with the I7 i wouldn't recommend getting a 1.6Ghz CPU EVER even my 2007 build has a 2.4Ghz Cpu not a 1. something

yes u r right
so the i7 3.2ghz with 740m 2gb give me better performance than i5 2.4 ghz with 840m 4 gb??


Yes
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 12:01:26 PM

joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
i5 (2 core ) - 1.6 to 2.4 with 840m (1,029 MHz)
i7 (4 core) - 2.2 to 3.2 with 740m (810 MHz)

which is better for gaming ????


Just go with the I7 i wouldn't recommend getting a 1.6Ghz CPU EVER even my 2007 build has a 2.4Ghz Cpu not a 1. something

yes u r right
so the i7 3.2ghz with 740m 2gb give me better performance than i5 2.4 ghz with 840m 4 gb??


Yes

there is one more question what difference 2gb and 4 gb gpu will make??
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 12:03:25 PM

okcnaline said:
Does. But not that much, since i7's has 4 core base. And the i7 bottlenecks the GPU.


will 840m gpu bottlenecks the i5 2.2ghz 2 cores???????
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 12:03:35 PM

sumit3322 said:
joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
i5 (2 core ) - 1.6 to 2.4 with 840m (1,029 MHz)
i7 (4 core) - 2.2 to 3.2 with 740m (810 MHz)

which is better for gaming ????


Just go with the I7 i wouldn't recommend getting a 1.6Ghz CPU EVER even my 2007 build has a 2.4Ghz Cpu not a 1. something

yes u r right
so the i7 3.2ghz with 740m 2gb give me better performance than i5 2.4 ghz with 840m 4 gb??


Yes

there is one more question what difference 2gb and 4 gb gpu will make??

Won't make much difference you could need a 4GB when playing games like Skyrim and games like that and 2GB for normal games like Batman Hitman and as these two cards cannot play on ultra you won't notice the difference of the 2 vs 4 GB
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2014 12:08:59 PM

Well, the big difference between Maxwell and Kepler is the power intake. You'll see better power saving w/ i5 and GT840M.
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 12:09:34 PM

joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
joker50060 said:
sumit3322 said:
i5 (2 core ) - 1.6 to 2.4 with 840m (1,029 MHz)
i7 (4 core) - 2.2 to 3.2 with 740m (810 MHz)

which is better for gaming ????


Just go with the I7 i wouldn't recommend getting a 1.6Ghz CPU EVER even my 2007 build has a 2.4Ghz Cpu not a 1. something

yes u r right
so the i7 3.2ghz with 740m 2gb give me better performance than i5 2.4 ghz with 840m 4 gb??


Yes

there is one more question what difference 2gb and 4 gb gpu will make??

Won't make much difference you could need a 4GB when playing games like Skyrim and games like that and 2GB for normal games like Batman Hitman and as these two cards cannot play on ultra you won't notice the difference of the 2 vs 4 GB


is there any possibility that 840m 4gb gpu will bottleneck i5 2.2ghz 2 core cpu??
m
0
l
July 14, 2014 12:13:24 PM

no and its 1.6Ghz not 2.2Ghz
if it was gunna bottleneck it then they wouldn't put them together in a laptop would they -_-
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 14, 2014 12:14:29 PM

The CPU bottlenecks the GPU because the GT x40 is weak. But 4 GB VRAM won't let the CPU down.
m
0
l
13 minutes ago

On GPUs like this you're never going to use more than 2gb of Vram and the 4gb is just a stupid marketing gimmick because people assume that more is better. This is also why basically all prebuilt PCs come with 8gb or more of ram even if they have a $60 CPU and a system that would never even use more than 4gb of ram.
m
0
l
!