Solved

Best $1000 Gaming PC Build 2014

I'm building my first gaming PC. My budget is $1000 (usd) This is not including a monitor, keyboard, or mouse. I can go over budget about $100. I will be using the computer for gaming, recording, editing, and rendering videos. I would prefer an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU. A PC Partpicker list would be appreciated.
Thank you all in advance!
Here is what I have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FmnddC
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1000 gaming build 2014
  1. It would be valuable experience for you to start off and present us with a list of parts. That way you get to do some of the work. :)
  2. Karsten75 said:
    It would be valuable experience for you to start off and present us with a list of parts. That way you get to do some of the work. :)


    Here is what I have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FmnddC
  3. YouMayStumbleUponMe said:
    I'm building my first gaming PC. My budget is $1000 (usd) This is not including a monitor, keyboard, or mouse. I will be using the computer for gaming, recording, editing, and rendering videos. I would prefer an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU. A PC Partpicker list would be appreciated.
    Thank you all in advance!
    Here is what I have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FmnddC


    What do you have so far? Do you have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, ect. ?
  4. Metaformed said:
    YouMayStumbleUponMe said:
    I'm building my first gaming PC. My budget is $1000 (usd) This is not including a monitor, keyboard, or mouse. I will be using the computer for gaming, recording, editing, and rendering videos. I would prefer an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU. A PC Partpicker list would be appreciated.
    Thank you all in advance!
    Here is what I have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FmnddC


    What do you have so far? Do you have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, ect. ?


    I have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and the parts listed in the link
  5. You're going to have to scale back a little if you want to stay in your $1,000 budget. :)
  6. YouMayStumbleUponMe said:
    Metaformed said:
    YouMayStumbleUponMe said:
    I'm building my first gaming PC. My budget is $1000 (usd) This is not including a monitor, keyboard, or mouse. I will be using the computer for gaming, recording, editing, and rendering videos. I would prefer an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU. A PC Partpicker list would be appreciated.
    Thank you all in advance!
    Here is what I have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FmnddC


    What do you have so far? Do you have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, ect. ?


    I have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and the parts listed in the link


    You have the things on that part list now? You already bought it?
  7. Best answer
    Here's how I'd do it. :)

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($174.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($139.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Toshiba Q Series Pro 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($84.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.92 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB DirectCU II Video Card ($299.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.99 @ Mwave)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($71.30 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1007.14
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available


    Edit. I see you say you have the parts listed in your link. In that case, lose the SSD from my config and you're good to go. :)
  8. I'de go this way. Because the hyper 212 evo you can overclock to speeds of higher than the 8350

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.98 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.97 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($139.99 @ Micro Center)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($269.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($133.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1017.77
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Components