Solved

I need to know how to set this ram up in UEFI BIOS and which options are base timings

What Is the voltage, basetimings, etc of this RAM?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-optima-2-pack-4gb-8gb-total-pc3-10666-ddr3-desktop-memory-kit/4354732.p?id=1218475662604&skuId=4354732&st=pny%20optima&cp=1&lp=6

And I don't know how to set up base timings, so I need help. For the past week people have told me "set the base timings to #-#-#-#" but I don't know WHICH options to change in the DRAM Timing section. Any help?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about set ram uefi bios options base timings
  1. PNY isn't real forthcoming with specs they are CL9 so would say 9-9-9-27 and DRAM voltage (hopefully) 1.5, I myself don't use their DRAM
  2. Tradesman1 said:
    PNY isn't real forthcoming with specs they are CL9 so would say 9-9-9-27 and DRAM voltage (hopefully) 1.5, I myself don't use their DRAM


    What settings in the bios do I set to 9-9-9-27? I'm still confused
  3. Why do you have to change it?

    Voltage is 1.5V.
    I can't really find the timing, so I'll assume the standard CL9 with 9-9-9-24.

    Just install it and see what it's set to in the BIOS.
  4. CL, tRCD, tRP, and tRAS in the order given, with the tRAS being the 27
  5. ksham said:
    Why do you have to change it?

    Voltage is 1.5V.
    I can't really find the timing, so I'll assume the standard CL9 with 9-9-9-24.

    Just install it and see what it's set to in the BIOS.


    I'm changing it because of this
    http://imgur.com/wPTlE63
  6. I don't think that has to do with timing. First thing I would try is a BIOS update.
  7. ksham said:
    I don't think that has to do with timing. First thing I would try is a BIOS update.


    Tried that a month ago, didn't help it, any other ideas?
    I'll go update it again while you think
  8. Best answer
    Only seeing 4GB out of 8GB may be a voltage problem, try raising the CPU/NB voltage to 1.2 and DRAM to 1.6 just to test and let us know if it clears it up...Could also be a problem with the MC or Mobo, might check for bent/broken pins
  9. Tradesman1 said:
    Only seeing 4GB out of 8GB may be a voltage problem, try raising the CPU/NB voltage to 1.2 and DRAM to 1.6 just to test and let us know if it clears it up...Could also be a problem with the MC or Mobo, might check for bent/broken pins


    I'll try that man, but i'm hoping its not the pins because i am NOT doing that. It was difficult getting that CPU in and it's not coming back out
    wish me luck :/
  10. Good luck ! ;)
  11. Rokuldav said:
    Tradesman1 said:
    Only seeing 4GB out of 8GB may be a voltage problem, try raising the CPU/NB voltage to 1.2 and DRAM to 1.6 just to test and let us know if it clears it up...Could also be a problem with the MC or Mobo, might check for bent/broken pins


    I'll try that man, but i'm hoping its not the pins because i am NOT doing that. It was difficult getting that CPU in and it's not coming back out
    wish me luck :/


    Did you solve your problem? If so, how? I have a similar problem, only showing 8 of 16 GB memory, have been researching a fix for most of a week! Unlike you though, after trying a couple more changes in the BIOS, my next step is reseating the CPU ... as much as I hate to go there again. But I've read enough posts to know that it could solve the problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

DRAM BIOS RAM Motherboards Memory