Solved

New build, BSOD, programs keep crashing, ran Memtest multiple times and no errors were found help me.

SPECS: 270x, Fx6300, 8gb ram, m5a97 le r2.0, 120hdd, evga 500w psu

So right from the start I have been experienced problems with my computer. It started with browsers like chrome and Firefox crashing (Chrome giving "He's Dead, Jim!" and "Aw, Snap!")

When I started to play games on the system they began to crash also. I began to get BSOD every couple days after the first few days. I tried to run the games in compatibility mode and verifying the cache with no luck. I updated my bios to the newest version which also didn't help. I reinstalled windows and this had no effect.

Yesterday i ran memtest firstly with both ram sticks and got through 4 passes with no errors. I than tested each stick on their own in the same slot and got 3 successful passes for each stick. I assumed that the other ram slot that i had been using was at fault so I switched to the 2 rams slots I hadn't been using (My mobo has fours slots). Once again this had no effect.

I honestly don't know what I can do next. Will i run memtest for longer? Re seat all of the other components? If anybody could help I would be very grateful. Thanks
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build bsod programs crashing ran memtest multiple times errors found
  1. what are you temps like?
  2. After crashes from games I would check and they wouldn't be extremely high for the CPU and gpu. Somewhere around 50-60c
  3. Best answer
    65c is max for that CPU, and even 10-20s after a game crashes, the temp will go down 15-20c. You need to find the max. Try running openhardwaremonitor, it will have columns for all the temps, as well as a min, current, and max. Then you can see what the max temp hit during gaming was, and that will be your crash temp, not what it was after the crash.
  4. Okay I will use this program in game and return with the results. Thanks for the help.
  5. getochkn said:
    65c is max for that CPU, and even 10-20s after a game crashes, the temp will go down 15-20c. You need to find the max. Try running openhardwaremonitor, it will have columns for all the temps, as well as a min, current, and max. Then you can see what the max temp hit during gaming was, and that will be your crash temp, not what it was after the crash.


    So I ran payday for 10 minutes before It crashed. My max temp for CPU was actually 34c and GPU was 52c. The amount of time it takes the game to crash varies sometimes a couple minutes to hours.
  6. I would suggest installing a program called "Who crashed", it will tell us everything about why your computer is crashing and tell us if its hardware related or software.
  7. Hscumbie said:
    I would suggest installing a program called "Who crashed", it will tell us everything about why your computer is crashing and tell us if its hardware related or software.


    Sorry for the late reply! Just downloaded that program and followed the steps given from each report and I havent had a BSOD in 3+ days! Unfortunately I have ran into a different problem where my PC freezes with a fuzzy screen at random time. Would you have any ideas about this?
    Thanks
  8. I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean by " my PC freezes with a fuzzy screen" maybe check your monitor cable and be sure your GPU drivers are up to date.
  9. Hscumbie said:
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean by " my PC freezes with a fuzzy screen" maybe check your monitor cable and be sure your GPU drivers are up to date.


    Sorry here is an example (http://imgur.com/a/O74MR) I have my graphics driver up to date already.
    Thanks
  10. cormac710 said:
    Hscumbie said:
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean by " my PC freezes with a fuzzy screen" maybe check your monitor cable and be sure your GPU drivers are up to date.


    Sorry here is an example (http://imgur.com/a/O74MR) I have my graphics driver up to date already.
    Thanks

    Does your build have integrated graphics? If so, I would uninstall your graphics driver (the 270x driver), catalyst control center, and if you have it the AMD gaming evolved app. Then restart. go to AMD's site and get the latest stable driver (I think it's 14.4 now) don't get the beta driver, it's known to have issues currently.
  11. Hscumbie said:
    cormac710 said:
    Hscumbie said:
    I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean by " my PC freezes with a fuzzy screen" maybe check your monitor cable and be sure your GPU drivers are up to date.


    Sorry here is an example (http://imgur.com/a/O74MR) I have my graphics driver up to date already.
    Thanks

    Does your build have integrated graphics? If so, I would uninstall your graphics driver (the 270x driver), catalyst control center, and if you have it the AMD gaming evolved app. Then restart. go to AMD's site and get the latest stable driver (I think it's 14.4 now) don't get the beta driver, it's known to have issues currently.



    Just checked and my catalyst control center is version 14.4. I should have mentioned that using prime95 a blend test fails which would point towards my ram again. So for the third time I will return my Ram sticks but purchase better quality than the ones I have
    thanks.
  12. ok, well feel free to come back if you have anymore issues
Ask a new question

Read More

Programs crashing Memtest RAM WIn7 Blue Screen Systems