Fx 8350 temp

Angelito11

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Hi, So i've just installed a fx 8350 "Had a phenom II 965be 3.8ghz"
So i've checked my temps and they were round 38'c-41'c but when i run Prime95 to check temps sometimes it goes around 59-60ish and i think it's to high because i've got an antec 620 kuhler.
Ambient temp are around 22-25'c goes higher when i got my computer running after a while.

What is the most reliable temperature monitor since it varies between different programs?

Specs
Fx 8350
Asus sabertooth 990fx
Corsair vengeance 8gb
Fractal design Tesla r2 650w
Gtx msi 770 2gb
Got good airflow "got push and pull on the antec kuhler and 4 case fans

Solution

Those temps are still great for 4.5GHz.
If you want to overclock , get some high end thermal solution and a great aftermarket cooler , or even better , a corsair h series watercooler. But at 4.5GHz , you shouldn't need to overclock , as that is pretty fast as it is.
I OC'ed my FX 8320 in my budget build so I could push as much performance as I could out of a fairly cheap CPU.

Oxygene_

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Those temps are actually pretty amazing.
Prime95 is designed to push as much heat as it can to the cores , which can can sometimes push it in to the high 60s to even sometimes 80s!
You would never reach this under normal loads.
So all in all , your cpu temps are running fine.

As for other programs , the PassMark BurnInTest is pretty good , sadly it isn't free forever , but you can get a free 30 day trial.

Oxygene_

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Those temps are still great for 4.5GHz.
If you want to overclock , get some high end thermal solution and a great aftermarket cooler , or even better , a corsair h series watercooler. But at 4.5GHz , you shouldn't need to overclock , as that is pretty fast as it is.
I OC'ed my FX 8320 in my budget build so I could push as much performance as I could out of a fairly cheap CPU.

Solution