I'm on a Lenovo y50 and was having some annoying lock up issues during gaming. Tried everything else so i decided to uninstall my drivers and reinstall the newest ones. Steps were as followed:
1) Device Manager, uninstalled Nvidia 860m
2) Went to programs and uninstalled all other nvidia programs.
3) Restarted as needed, then deleted the driver number folder inside nvidia folder.
4) Downloaded newest driver, (had to configure the hardware detection, common occurence ive read for laptops)
5) Clicked on install, but came up with
Physx 9.13.1220 a newer or same version already installed (deleted and uninstalled already so how?)
graphics driver 337.88 failed
nvidia geforce experience 2.0.1 not selected
What can i do? Im kind of at a loss right now cause i've done eveything i can think of
there is an option "clean installation", use that one it should do the trick. That option should be in advance mode and not express installation.
Nope, tried that and it just tells me faild over and over. I just did a system restore but now i'm still getting the 4 second freezes i was getting in game. I've tried everything i can think of and now im just lost =/