Need Help With 700 - 800 dollar gaming build

wrkd

Reputable
Jul 15, 2014
looking for a computer that can used CAD programs on and also play games suchas metro last lght and bf4 on medium will need monitor.

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 700-800 Before Rebates; After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: CAD (Autodesk Inventor, etc.), gaming, internet, movies.
Are you buying a monitor: yes

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon, Newegg.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Just need it to be ugradeable for some years

Overclocking:later on possibly

SLI or Crossfire: if I need it yes, (not sure if I will need it..)

Solution
G

GTX 760 is 15% better than the GTX 660 so if you stick with GTX 760 you will be able to play games like Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs on high to ultra settings but with GTX 660 you will have to lower the settings to medium on next gen games but not every game for example GTX 660 can run Battlefield 4 on high settings but in games like Metro Last Night GTX 660 will perform well on medium settings not on high settings and you can later SLI...

Oxygene_

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I quickly made a budget build on pcpartpicker , check it out here
You can change out stuff you don't like or don't want , it cost approximately $770 without shipping included (don't know how much it is.) If I had taken longer on it , I could have made it better , but thats pretty decent for what you wanted to use it for. Since you wanted to do stuff like CAD over gaming , I chose a more expensive processor than GPU (the 6 cores will help with multithreading and in the future will become more prevalent) , but the 7770 will still handle games fairly well. It was quite a struggle to fit a 1920x1080 monitor in the budget , but I tried.

Oxygene_

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

That was originally on par with the build I made for you , but you asked for a monitor , so I put a 1920x1080 monitor in the price. That build is very good and should run current games at 1080p on ultra.

wrkd

Reputable
Jul 15, 2014

thankyou for your help and trying to fit the monitor in for me :) Will the build I listed work well for CAD processing also?

G

GTX 760 is 15% better than the GTX 660 so if you stick with GTX 760 you will be able to play games like Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs on high to ultra settings but with GTX 660 you will have to lower the settings to medium on next gen games but not every game for example GTX 660 can run Battlefield 4 on high settings but in games like Metro Last Night GTX 660 will perform well on medium settings not on high settings and you can later SLI the GTX 660 for the games like Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, GTA 5 etc.
But if you have a future SLI plan than don't forget to get a SLI compatible motherboard I would recommend this motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 LGA 1150 Socket Motherboard for SLI.

Solution