Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Chasing after inexpensive CPU/CPU Fan/Motherboard combo

Tags:
  • Components
  • Games
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Components
Share
July 15, 2014 4:45:49 PM

Hello uhm i think ive been looking for help quite a while ago..but here it goes again..

You probably know.. or you don't about my "Computer Curse" any computer which appears in my hands comes up being crap with which you cant play even low requirement games properly! Anyway decided to end this torture and look up information online upon getting my current system upgraded ,inexpensively of course since well.. im from the lower social end of a poor nation,wont go into details about it.
Mainly I play games,more precisely multiplayer games,actually i just TRY to play em,lagg,sttuttering,freeze and extremely poor performance in most important/intense scenes became my friends for life.If i COULD afford, I would just buy some decent CPU like i5-4670K,however it isn't the case and.. intel doesnt seem to offer anything cheap,their policy is like "If you're poor it isnt our business,pay or get the hell outta here!" so i am heavily leaning towards AMD CPUs,anyway straight to what i currently got and what I am thinking about purchasing:

My current rig:
A Case of unknown origin
GA-H61M-S2-B3 Motherboard
Intel i3-2100 3.1GHz Dual Core
CPU fan of unknown origin
Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5
ST500DM002-1BC142 ATA 500GB 7200RPM HDD
ZM700-GLX 700W PSU


I am considering to purchase one of these CPUs (my main options are in bold):
AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad Core
AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad Core
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz Hexa Core
AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz Hexa Core

and one of these motherboards:
ASRock 970 PRO3
GA-970A-UD3P
GA-970A-D3P
Asus M5A97
Asus M5A97 LE


I would like to hear from more experienced around computers people, are these the right choices? or maybe there's something better? Mind in I can't afford i5 while i3 family, not only ruened any little respect i had for it, it made me truly hate em with all my heart,filthy rich manufacturers sell barely working celeron,pentium and i3 processors to poor people who got little knowledge about computers just to scam em and take the little loot they have.. believe me from my experience i3 cant do anything right, ANYTHING even the most basic games aint working properly with it,as for multiplayer, you could toss fault on my network ,however its not the case, actually it is extremely fast optical fiber, havent had any problems with it in ages.

I am completelly open to different CPU of motherboard suggestions if you think there's a more suitable variant for me i'd be very grateful if you could help me out!:D 

Rules:
1) Do not suggest i3 CPUs.
2) Read the first rule again.
3) Rinse and repeat.

More about : chasing inexpensive cpu cpu fan motherboard combo

July 15, 2014 4:59:58 PM

Your bolded selections are definitely in the right direction for an inexpensive CPU/Mobo. I would suggest the FX 6000 series over the 4000. Consider a micro ATX if you need to save more money. a CM Hyper 212 would be a great and very inexpensive solution for an aftermarket heatsink
m
0
l
a c 112 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2014 5:07:46 PM

OK, I take exception to your characterization of Intel's business practices. I don't think they should price their products different just based on the average GDP per country. I also don't believe they're pricing them excessively. In fact, I believe AMD is keeping them honest.

As for AMD - you'll find the majority of their processors are barely competing against I3 processors. I wish it was different - I have fond memories of my great AMD machines from a time long past, but lately their price/performance and their TDP just suck against Intel.

As for your choice of the I3-2100, in 2011, when it was announced, this is how one reviewer summarized it: "The Intel Core i3-2100 is the bottom rung on Intel's second-generation Core ladder, and behaves accordingly." so ther eis no secret that you have the lowest of the low of 3 years ago.

I feel for you, but no-one ever claimed that CPU is a great performer and I sincerely hope no-one told you it was good for gaming, since it isn't.

Having said all that, the AMD FX-6300 is a good CPU at about the same price as the I3-range. It should slightly outperform the $160 i3-4360.
m
0
l
July 15, 2014 5:14:20 PM

i3-2100 i purchased with premade rig 2 years and 6 months ago, i am not ashamed to say that i knew completelly nothing about computers.. still aint know much, but signifcantly made an improve!Here there's no such thing as cheap'n good intel CPU either pricy and good or just crap.. buying another i3 would be like tossing cash away again like i did back then.

Btw portroasted, how much of an upgrade is FX 6300 to my current i3-2100? will i see a large performance increase?is it worth purchasing?maybe i should patiently save up for hmm idk some partly used 3rd gen i5?

On a side note- I am 100% certain that i3 shouldn't even exist! i5/i7 are the high end family for multitasking/intense gaming as far as i know pentium/celeron nowdays mainly used in work with non-demanding basic programs etc.. while i3..falls in none of these, i can boldly say that intel doesnt have anything for the mid-range computer! Oppossitely man.. i3 isn't a competitor for way cheaper and more powerful AMD CPUs. i3s are bought by people who ain't have any idea of what they're buying,person with atleast a bit knowledge would pick ANYTHING but i3.
m
0
l
a c 112 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 15, 2014 5:35:26 PM

tigershrimp said:


Btw portroasted, how much of an upgrade is FX 6300 to my current i3-2100? will i see a large performance increase?is it worth purchasing?maybe i should patiently save up for hmm idk some partly used 3rd gen i5?



AH, I forgot.that part. The FX-6300 is about 2x the performance of your i3-2100.

And if someone sold you the i3-2100 as a gaming PC, they screwed you. That has never been made or intended as a gaming PC. I'm sure you can't find a single piece of Intel literature that says otherwise.

m
0
l
July 15, 2014 5:41:53 PM

And if someone sold you the i3-2100 as a gaming PC, they screwed you. That has never been made or intended as a gaming PC. I'm sure you can't find a single piece of Intel literature that says otherwise. said:
And if someone sold you the i3-2100 as a gaming PC, they screwed you. That has never been made or intended as a gaming PC. I'm sure you can't find a single piece of Intel literature that says otherwise.


Seems like 2X performance is certainly worth it, 6300 its cheap and seems like the best of its class ,well as much as my research goes 6350 slightly better but eh.. the +30Wattage probably detered me.

and if i3 wasn't intended to be for gaming,nor it was intended to be for work..what the hell was intention behind it?!

Also if il buy the FX 6300 and the new motherboard will my computer perform fine in games? wont need more upgrades? or something else worth considering to upgrade?
m
0
l
July 15, 2014 6:08:53 PM

tigershrimp said:
And if someone sold you the i3-2100 as a gaming PC, they screwed you. That has never been made or intended as a gaming PC. I'm sure you can't find a single piece of Intel literature that says otherwise. [/msgquoted said:


Seems like 2X performance is certainly worth it, 6300 its cheap and seems like the best of its class ,well as much as my research goes 6350 slightly better but eh.. the +30Wattage probably detered me.

and if i3 wasn't intended to be for gaming,nor it was intended to be for work..what the hell was intention behind it?!

Also if il buy the FX 6300 and the new motherboard will my computer perform fine in games? wont need more upgrades? or something else worth considering to upgrade?]And if someone sold you the i3-2100 as a gaming PC, they screwed you. That has never been made or intended as a gaming PC. I'm sure you can't find a single piece of Intel literature that says otherwise.


Seems like 2X performance is certainly worth it, 6300 its cheap and seems like the best of its class ,well as much as my research goes 6350 slightly better but eh.. the +30Wattage probably detered me.

and if i3 wasn't intended to be for gaming,nor it was intended to be for work..what the hell was intention behind it?!

Also if il buy the FX 6300 and the new motherboard will my computer perform fine in games? wont need more upgrades? or something else worth considering to upgrade?


If you're not expecting to be able to play future titles and current titles maxed out/high settings and are fine with low/medium. Then I think it will last you many years. My old Phenom II x4 lasted me about 3 years before i upgraded to an i5 when I didn't real need to.
m
0
l
July 15, 2014 6:22:32 PM

potroasted1 said:


If you're not expecting to be able to play future titles and current titles maxed out/high settings and are fine with low/medium. Then I think it will last you many years. My old Phenom II x4 lasted me about 3 years before i upgraded to an i5 when I didn't real need to.


only low? sheesh my current rig runs almost anything on med already to be honest,except more cpu pressuring games
atm playing:
Ghost Recon Phantoms (high settings with stuttering 1080p)
Mech Warrior Online (all minimum settings,very poor 20-40 fps performance in some maps, in some other maps 80+ fps 1080p)
Warframe (medium settings,shadows low, horrible performance when against lots of enemies like in higher wave defenses etc 1080p)
Age of Empires II HD (max settings)
Heroes of Might and Magic III:Complete (max settings)
Line of Defense testing (medium settings)
Spintires (high settings)
The Stomping Land (medium settings)
m
0
l
July 15, 2014 6:25:18 PM

tigershrimp said:
potroasted1 said:


If you're not expecting to be able to play future titles and current titles maxed out/high settings and are fine with low/medium. Then I think it will last you many years. My old Phenom II x4 lasted me about 3 years before i upgraded to an i5 when I didn't real need to.


only low? sheesh my current rig runs almost anything on med already to be honest,except more cpu pressuring games
atm playing:
Ghost Recon Phantoms (high settings with stuttering 1080p)
Mech Warrior Online (all minimum settings,very poor 20-40 fps performance in some maps, in some other maps 80+ fps 1080p)
Warframe (medium settings,shadows low, horrible performance when against lots of enemies like in higher wave defenses etc 1080p)
Age of Empires II HD (max settings)
Heroes of Might and Magic III:Complete (max settings)
Line of Defense testing (medium settings)
Spintires (high settings)
The Stomping Land (medium settings)


Sorry, i meant games like BF4 and the demanding titles, not all current titles :p 
m
0
l
!